OK, girls, I need ideas

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by halo, Nov 22, 2008.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Its cold here. And when it gets cold here, I love baking a bisquick dish. So give me your favorites....Im going to run to town later on this morning and get whatever else I need. I have Bisquick, cheese, milk, eggs (HA!!). So give me your best yummiest comfort Bisquick food. I dont often have a chance to fix this kind of food in Florida, so I have to take advantage of it.

2. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Hey, you just gave me an idea. I think I'll make Cheeseburger Pie for dinner. Maybe my ground lamb order will arrive early and I can do a meat mix. Mixed ground meat is always better than single ground meat!

Cheeseburger Pie

1 lb ground beef
    1 1/2 c. onion, chopped
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    1 c. shredded cheddar
    1 1/2 c. milk
    3/4 c. Bisquick
    3 eggs

Heat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 10" x 1 1/2" pie plate. Cook ground beef and onion until brown, drain. Stir in salt and pepper. Spread ground beef mixture in the pie plate and sprinkle with cheese. Beat remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour into pie plate (do not stir) and bake until golden brown, about 30 min. Let stand 5 min. before serving. If using a 9" pie plate, decrease milk to 1 c., Bisquick to 1/2 c. and eggs to 2.

That's how my mom makes it. I like to wing it. Instead of just onion, I like trinity. Instead of cheddar, I like to use Emmenthaler and something hard like Pecorino or Manchego, and of course, I increase the amount.

3. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Thanks, Ive got several good sites bookmarked with great recipes. I just wondered if anyone had a special one they liked of their own. Although, I dont think Ive ever had one, or fixed one, that wasnt just yummy. I may just fix a big pan of impossible cheeseburger pie, fix some brownies, and hunker down for the weekend. Life is good....

4. peeplessinNC

peeplessinNC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2008
    NC Piedmont
    I like to make chicken pie with biscuits on top: cooked cubed chicken, cooked cubed potatoes, steamed mixed vegetables, cream sauce or cream of chicken or celery soup mixed with some milk, mix it all together, season with some salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, put in a casserole dish. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes, raise heat to 450, top with Bisquick biscuits and bake until the biscuits are browned and done. I like cranberry sauce with my chicken pie.

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oh yeah, you guys got it. mmm mmm mmm.

6. geckomama

geckomama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I don't know if this is an "official" bisquick recipe...... [​IMG] but it is a popular one in this house!

One medium onion diced and then sauted
    add and brown 1 to 2lbs ground beef
    season with a bit of garlic, about a clove
    a dash of liquid smoke
    salt and pepper to taste

once the above is all brown and tasty smellin' I then add
    One can cream of mushroom soup
    One cup (sometimes more) of beef broth
    (the consistency you want is juicy but not liquid)

mix it all together and put into a greased casserole

then make biscuits as per instructions and plop on top of the meat mixture.

Bake at 325 until biscuits are done and the meat mix is bubbly!

[​IMG]

7. Javamama

Javamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2008
    USA
    I just made this - we call it asparagus pie, but it can be made with any kind of veggies and meat

In a deep pie dish layer veggies (sorry, no measurements here, just cover the bottom) I use chopped asparagus, onions and mushrooms. Then layer on diced ham, about a cup of shredded cheese, and then:

Mix in a bowl:
    3 eggs
    1.5 cups milk
    3/4 cup bisquick
    1tsp salt
    pepper to taste

Pour the bisquick mixture on top and bake at 400 for about 30 minutes. It should be nicely browned.

8. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    You guys are giving me ideas. I have some soup leftover from last night. It's shredded, boiled chicken in its own broth, sliced fingerling potatoes and lacinato kale. I'll bet if I mix in the remainder of the chicken (dark meat) and a roux into the soup, then top it with cheese and a Bisquick batter, I'll get a fantastic little pot pie.

9. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I love to make egg, bacon or sausage, and cheese on biscuits. Way better than McDonald's for sure!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by