OK girls...tell me what you would do if your DH did this to you!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by KareyABohr, Feb 10, 2009.

1. KareyABohr

KareyABohr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    SE Iowa
    Ok... I am wondering if I should follow through or if I should just let it go.
    Long story short. My DH thinks he knows everything and it is very difficult for him to admit when he is wrong.

I told him that I needed to take the chick feed he purchased back to the feed store because it was medicated and when our chicks get here in a few days the medicated feed will negate the vaccines we paid for.

He threw a fit, and said he has a degree in genetics from Iowa State, and I don't know what I am talking about. That is VOODO and I need to stop believing everything I hear on BackyardChickens!

I bet him a brand new set of Rabbit cages that he and his degree from Iowa State didn't trump my REAL WORLD knowledge and degree from the U of I.

Well of course he is wrong. He admitted he was wrong and wanted to just "hug". I am a softie and wanted to just let it be.

BUT part of me really wants those rabbit cages and I don't want to spend my "mad money" on them if he should have to pay for them for opening his mouth and trying to make me look like an "Ignorant Girl". (OH plot thickens, this was in front of our friends. He laughed at me and got haughty about it.)

My friends tell me I SHOULD make him pay because he tried to make me look like I didn't know what I was talking about in front of them.

What do you think?!
    I will be interested in hearing opinions!

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    heehe..make the sucker pay! [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Make him pay.

I could use some rabbit cages myself. LOL I just spent the weekend making the rounds and bred my does.

4. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Have the friends who witnessed it ask him when he's getting you the rabbit cages. [​IMG]

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Quote:That's a good one!

6. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    I've let the bet go to many times don't start. Enjoy the rabbit cages.

7. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

I always ask myself, how would the other person respond if the tables were turned. Only you can guess on that one.

8. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    get the cages [​IMG]

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] This is exactly why I am divorced and staying single this time ! ! !

[​IMG]

10. little horse

little horse Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2008
    centerville texas
    its up to you but i would get the cages!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by