Ok, give it to me straight...

jenniemig

Songster
5 Years
Jan 28, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My sister ordered 4 ducklings for me. The tracking shows they were received by USPS at 4p.m. on the 10th, they were scheduled to be delivered today, but there's been a delay and there still not here. I am hoping my post office will be calling first thing in the morning telling me they've arrived.
If they arrive in the morning, after having been in the box for at least 53 hours, should I expect any of them to be alive?

Yes, I have been speaking with the PO Supervisor and he has been very nice. He said he is the first one in and will call me ASAP.
Do you know why it took so long to get them to you? Usually the PO is good about expediting live poultry. Will they refund you if they are not alright? Hopefully they are okay, prepare for the worst hope for the best!
fl.gif
Let us know when you get them!

Do you know why it took so long to get them to you?  Usually the PO is good about expediting live poultry.  Will they refund you if they are not alright? Hopefully they are okay, prepare for the worst hope for the best! :fl   Let
us know when you get them!

The PO said it was because the hatchery sent them priority mail not express. Priority can take 4 days, express is no more than 2 days. I still don't know why the usps website still has the delivery date as today. If the worst happens I will call the hatchery and ask either they overnight the replacement ducklings or just give my sister a refund. I won't be risking little lives again with them being stuck in a box for days.

Hatcheries have been sending day old ducks and chicks for ever in the mail.
Mine arrived via priority mail in 2 days.

It isn't like the PO doesn't know what is in the box. They start pulling that bs then the hatcheries are going to start looking to fedex and ups if they deliver live animals...

Quote: Well at least you have a good plan if they don't survive. Hopefully you find four (or more) hungry and thirst little ones!
I also hope you can sleep tonight LOL!

What hatchery did you go through, if I might ask?
Hatcheries have been sending day old ducks and chicks for ever in the mail.
Mine arrived via priority mail in 2 days.

It isn't like the PO doesn't know what is in the box. They start pulling that bs then the hatcheries are going to start looking to fedex and ups if they deliver live animals...
This case sounds like it was a bit of both the hatchery as well as the PO. USPS is the ONLY mail carrier that will accept live poultry, so the only alternative is customer pick-up.

Back
Top Bottom