Ok.. got my coop all built up...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Tlammy, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Tlammy

Tlammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    London, OH
    And i have a question about the space they will be running around in.. well.. when i let them go out to run around.. would i need to clean up after their messes on the ground..? If so.. how??

2. san415

san415 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Hi
    We just sweep the poo off the side walk and also off the outside furniture. It will get stepped on and tracked in the house if I dont. I neither worry nor notice any in the yard. They stay in the "chicken" yard most of the time. If I let them in the rest of the yard all the time its the plants that get torn up that bother me, not so much the poo.

3. magicpigeon

magicpigeon Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    I use a hose and blast the poop to the grass, where it disintegrates. You have to make sure the poop is fresh, though, or you might need a scrubbing brush too [​IMG]

4. Tlammy

Tlammy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    London, OH
    Quote:Ok well my chickens will poop on the grass.. so do i leave it to disintegrate? Or do i have to hose it down first?

5. darkbyrd

darkbyrd Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2011
    Pisgah Nat'l Forest, GRD
    Just let it go, the rain will take care of it. If it doesn't, they are in one place too long.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by