1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

ok guys, help me figure this out!!! LOTS OF PICS!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mom wewantchicks!, May 16, 2008.

1. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    ok i have posted these guys before. im not overly worried at the moment about what they are,but if i have a bunch of roos!!! im new to chickens and wish id found this site before i got these guys!!! so please help me out!!! as for breed ive been told maybe BA for the black chicks and they do have a green tint to the feathers that im not sure you can see in the pics. they are 6 weeks old and idk i havent seen any roo like behavior,but really idk what that is lol.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm a newbie but I wanted to tell you that they are so pretty!!!!! In my inexperienced eye, they look girly to me [​IMG]

3. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    I think you got lucky as they appear to be girls, at 6 weeks old. I don't see any really red combs, at all! [​IMG]

Pale comb on 6 - 9 week old Easter Egger pullet...

[​IMG]

Reddish comb on 6 - 9 week old Easter Egger cockeral...

[​IMG]

Hope this helps!

Dawn

4. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    They look like girls to me, too! [​IMG]

5. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    thanks so much!! i was hoping they where all girls!! i could keep a rooster but if i had more than one how could i choose!! so anybody got any ideas on breed!!

6. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    This is a guess (I'm not great at guessing breeds) but I'm thinking New Hampshire for the reddish one and possibly Australorp for the black ones.

I agree with everybody else on them being girls. At that age my Australorp Roo had a very red comb and wattle.

7. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    every time i check back and get another,yeah girls reply, i feel like i could cry!! im soooo glad i shouldnt have to worry about if i have a bunch of roos and cant keep them!! these little guys have really turned me into a chicken lover!! my husband thought id really lost it when i insisted he look very closely at thier eyes. i told him, did you know how much soul and personality a chicks eyes have!! i was hooked!! im hoping the black chicks are BA, they are pretty,and they will match my new BR chicks!! lol

8. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    Your two black ones look an awful lot like my black australorp girls did at 6 weeks. Don't have a bird like your red one, so I'm not going to offer an opinion on it.

9. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Another vote for girl [​IMG]

10. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    I agree, look like girls to me, but then again, as my sig says (this should be my mantra) I'm no expert!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by