1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok..here is the heshe

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by k625, Oct 30, 2007.

1. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    This polish is a little over 3months old. From the back the crest feathers look like a girl, but from the front the crest feathers look similar to a boy. Looks exactly like my other who I know for sure is a girl, same coloring, size, weight...ect. ect. Let me know what you guys think please. Sorry the pictures are a little large I think.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. alex

alex Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    actually i like bigger pictures...i thik its a girl....becuase i bet a guys come would be bigger...(how do you spell come) -alex-

3. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    IMO - it's a girl. I think the eyes look too gentle for a roo and I think the feathers in the head would be much thinner and pointed if it were male. I have a buff laced polish roo.

4. k625

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    oh cool!! I do want a smooth feathered bantam roo here sometime soon to breed in the spring, are they hard to come by?
    Lynn- how is the temperment toward others and you. My 2 polish live with my 3 silkies, and they get a long fine.

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    She is very pretty!

6. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I think it's a girl. My buff laced hen looks very much like that. My golden laced roo has much more "spike" to the feathering in the front and more red on the wattles.

7. k625

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    Thanks everyone..that is just what I wanted to hear!! [​IMG] Does anyone have any smooth buff laced bantams?? That they dont want??

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Looks like a girl to me too. For future reference, if you got a whole body shot, it is easier to make heads and tails of things.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Little lady.

10. FutureChickenMan

FutureChickenMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 29, 2007
    Quote:I think you mean comb

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by