ok I am confused AGAIN lol

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Crazy4Chicks, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Just went out to check the coop for eggs - saw another of the EE's laying so now out of the 5 EE's I have 2 laying green,one laying a huge brown two more to go for them !!
    2 of the 5 Silver laced cochins are laying ( that I know of ), none of the Light Brahma's are laying ( I dont think anyway but have no clue to what the egg color is from a LB ) and my little banty is laying

Here is where I am confused - my little banty is laying a light tan egg, under the coop where she has made her own nest ( I dont mind she is happy there ) in the coop this morning I found a banty sized egg but much darker than what Bonnie is laying - it is a little darker than what I have seen my SLC lay - so is this an egg from someone just starting - thats why it is small? or could it have come from my banty and she has figured to lay where everyone else is ? and if it is hers why the color change ?

other than be darker - the egg is perfect ( just small LOL ) I am just wondering who it might belong to.

I only have one banty hen.

Julie

2. Alleyoops25

Alleyoops25 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2007
    Colorado
    I would geuss that you have a chicken that just started laying. What breeds do you have? And hey common weres our picture of the egg? This is one of my favorite kinds of posts, people showing itty bitty or odd shaped eggs. Also it might help us decide what might have put it there to stump you!![​IMG]

3. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Brahmas lay a tannish/brown egg

Pullets can lay very small eggs when they are just getting going. Wait a month or so then compare again, that will tell you who is laying the egg. Or you can just hang out in the coop 24/7 and spy!

4. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    hang out with the chickens 24/7 -- let me think about that one ummmm NO ! lol I love them but not enough to sleep with them lol
    since this egg is alittle darker than all other eggs I am wondering if one of the SLC layed it I think I still have 3 not laying yet might be one of them I will save it and try to get a pic of it compared to the one I know came from my little banty
    why do they have to confuse me so much [​IMG] just when I think I know who is doing what in the coop they go and change things on me

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by