ok I am new to this quail thing lol. questions inside.

Discussion in 'Quail' started by jessaw1981, Jul 31, 2010.

1. jessaw1981

jessaw1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    ok so I am really getting into quail now and wanted to hatch some I got a bator its a still air bator. ( only one I could afford ) really want this to work so while I collect eggs for a couple days I wanted you all to give my tips / instructions on how to properly do this. thanks so much any help is greatly welcomed.
    thanks jessa.

2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Hi, Jessa! I'm getting ready to incubate my first eggs, and I've been reading all the threads on here where people have posted about incubating/hatching quail. I'm learning a ton of information, that way.

Hope some of the experts will chime in for you!

3. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    quail eggs dern near hatch themselves! Great eggs to hatch. Don't worry they are very hardy.

4. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Just set up the bator, then each day collect the eggs, maybe twice a day. Put them in a carton pointy-side down, and keep somewhere cool (65 degrees if you can hack it.) Then, once you reach one week, put them all in and wait!

5. jessaw1981

jessaw1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Franklin Nc
    that's the other thing the gut I got them from said he was getting 9 eggs a day 7 hens 2 roos but I got 4 the first and 2 each the past 2 days 1 so far today he said keepva light on it and I am now second day started u think it a 40 or 60w if that matters. he said that they are not Luke chickens even if ya move em around they won't slack laying. I have no clue. how do you know how much water to put in the bottom of the bator ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by