OK I give up! Please help me name my horse!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Cara, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    I bought her at the beginning of October and she still doesn't have a name! Well that's not strictly true, she's had a few but nothing to repeat in polite company.

Her previous owners called her Autumn but we don't like that for her, it's not really a horse name and it doesn't suit her at all, she's too fiesty. I've given myself a week to come up with a conclusive name, before she ends up being The Bay Mare. My husband wanted to call her Felina (after the girl in the song "El Paso"), but according to my FIL that's too much name for a ranch horse! I'd thought about Mia but that's too little name for her. Her registered name is No Jokeing Around as she was born on April Fool's Day. I guess it was already taken spelled correctly! Please excuse the scuff on her head, she skidded into the fence running around a muddy pen [​IMG] I don't think she's ever had all of the hide on her body simultaneously since she was born.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Thats a good looking bay mare you have there. Ive got a bay gelding that looks alot like her.

3. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Chestnut or Cocoa?

4. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] You should post some pics of him.

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    well...seeing as she was born on April 1st...she has to be April!....silly!....[​IMG]..

6. dixiechick

dixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Female comedian names: Ellen or Rosey

7. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Why don't you just call her Joker? That way it's similar to her registered name and from what you say it should fit her personality. [​IMG]

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:Thanks [​IMG] You should post some pics of him.

Ill have to get some pics of him. Dont have any of him on here.

9. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:I love ELLEN!!!!!!!! I second that [​IMG]

10. FrChuckW

FrChuckW Father to all, Dad to none

Sep 7, 2008
    Louisville, KY
    Is she a registered QH or a grade mare? If she is registered, then what are her parents names? They might suggest a name to call her. If she is as fiesty as you say how about Tempest?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by