ok I have a couple chickens I would appreciate help with...What breed

Farm Chic 29

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2015
I got these girls from a local guy who allows a lot of intermixing...
they often end up dual purpose... eggs and meat...

but he has bought some on a whim...
so I am not sure..
I think I know what 1 is..I suspect on the second...
and the 3rd has thrown me as I was only supposed to be getting..3 Buff O/ 2 Easter eggers/ and then the 2 that I do not want to say as I don't want to lead anyone into a particular direction...

after some feedback and or educated ID i will tell you what he said the 2 are...and the third is not any of the ones I was supposed to be getting but the coop was dark when we where grabbing..

so First one
Second one...

and 3rd one...

The second bird looks like either a Silver Phoenix or a Silver Leghorn. The third one may be an Easter Egger.

#1 looks like a cross, #2 looks like a Silver Gray Dorking and #3 a Easter Egger!!

Ok he said first one was s Egyptian Fayouma cross
Second is pure EF
Third was supposed to be EE???
You note I say supposed to be
The Pure EF might be based on some pics I have seen.
The EF cross is supposedly EF.x.EasterEgger??
Thought?

I don't believe the second bird can be Egyptian Fayoumi--I don't think they come in any varieties besides the silver (and gold?) penciled. Feathersite has no images of a Silver Duckwing or any other variety. She looks like a Phoenix to me--blue legs, silver duckwing, big tail, etc. Not a Silver Dorking--too light, too long legged, don't see five toes. Doubtful Leghorn without yellow legs.

Easter Eggers can literally look like anything. The third bird certainly could be Easter Egger--that color is common enough in mixed breeds. Can't see enough of the top bird to know--does she have a single comb, pea comb, mixed?

Ok number one has 5 toes..
Number 2 does not
Both have blue grey blackish legs
Number 2 is much smaller like bantam size...
I am sure there is s mutt issue
These were for eggs and meat production by an old mountain farmer...
He was not selective...
I did buy a french black copper maran pair from another guy who does show... As well as a straight run of 6 chics from him..,
I will most likely keep the mutts and feed store guys seperate from my show and my rares

Back
Top Bottom