Ok, I have my OXINE & now how do I use it?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Maryallison, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    I am going to use the OXINE to clean a coop. I read here before that using the citric acid tub made it to strong. So how do I mix it where I can spray in my coop. On the bottle there were 2 ways to mix that both involved the cirtic acid stuff. I also have a spraybottle I was hoping to use.

THANKS, MARY [​IMG]

2. Pathfinders

Pathfinders Overrun With Chickens

Jan 25, 2008
    Northern KY
    Common dilution for poultry is 6.5 ounces of Oxine in water. I use a standard spray bottle with the mister set very fine.

3. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

For the coop, you should get one of those one gallon weed sprayers you can get at Lowes for 12 bucks - works perfectly.

just mix the 6.5 oz of oxine to one gallon water, like Pathfinders said.

for the chickens (if you use it on them) the little spray bottles (like for misting plants and such) work great. Just pour some of the mixed stuff into the little bottle, before you use it all on the coop.

meri

4. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    Thanks! [​IMG]

5. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Not to hijack, but where can I get the Oxine? No one around here sells it. Thanks!

6. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I can't find it here either, but I think I can order it (and food grade DE) through Amazon.com according to their website. Is there anything we can't get from Amazon?!

7. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Revival Health is the cheapest with shipping that I have found anywhere. [​IMG]

8. PakehaCherie

PakehaCherie New Egg

Nov 15, 2009
    Northern California
    Smith's Poultry Supply also sells it, but you are right to check around and compare!

9. rmyer

rmyer Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2009
    Lancaster County PA
    Okay, so you also spray it on your mature chickens????? I presume in a fine mist......
    Mojo Chick'n :

For the coop, you should get one of those one gallon weed sprayers you can get at Lowes for 12 bucks - works perfectly.

just mix the 6.5 oz of oxine to one gallon water, like Pathfinders said.

for the chickens (if you use it on them) the little spray bottles (like for misting plants and such) work great. Just pour some of the mixed stuff into the little bottle, before you use it all on the coop.

meri​

Last edited: May 4, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by