ok, I have SO given up trying to sex templeton!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Ducklove334, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    by the voice method, he/she/it is just SO quiet!, doesn't get excited like the other young'ns do!, I'm keeping him/her no matter what, but still..I THINK he is a HE, because when he does decide to talk it's the raspy/squeak..but sometimes he does SOUND likes he's trying to quack! CURSE HIM FOR HAVING EASY GOING,QUIET MOJO AS A FATHER!

SOOOOOO,since alot of you are good at sexing young ducks by sight, have fun [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: PS he's alittle under 8 weeks old now, if that helps

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. chixie

chixie Songster

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I love templeton.. he is so cute..

3. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I can't see a drake feather yet.

4. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I would think if he has a raspy wispery quack then you have your answer he's a boy, by his age all my girls Quacked very loudly.

5. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I'm sure he's a boy, but I wanted to see what others thought LOL, I even tryed to offer peas, and while everyone else was like YAY! and talking up a storm, he was just like "yeah, ok, cool *eats peas rapidly,chokes on peas,eats more peas*, not a sound to be made LOL

lets hope his calm not-talking is just a clam while with hens, I can't stand all that chasing LOL.

6. DuckFanatic

DuckFanatic Songster

Jun 15, 2009
    AZ
    HE'S(?) very cute [​IMG] My silver swede hen is pretty similar looking to him [​IMG] She's just about 3 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: