OK I know people love the Superbowl but...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamawolf544, Jan 6, 2011.

1. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    must I hear about it every 5 minutes? [​IMG]

I am going crazy, [​IMG] [​IMG]

We are now at the 30 day mark. Yes I live in Texas, it is on constantly. How much money, no Hotel rooms, charging $900.00 to park your car. That is not a typo.
    Rounding up the hookers [​IMG] , cleaning the graffiti, my poor brain is on overload.
    The Cowboys are not in the Superbowl and I still have to listen to Jerry Jones. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

No direspect to all you Superbowl fans, it is a beautiful stadium, but we have been hearing about this for 2 to 3 years now.

Seriously a countdown???? [​IMG]

2. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    You sound like the people in Augusta GA when it's time for the Masters tournament! Good luck enduring all the hype.

3. yomama

yomama Overrun With Chickens

I know college football isn't quite like proffesional but I am kind of going through the same thing here in Oregon. The University of Oregon "Ducks" have had an undefeated season and are now headed to the BCS championship. This is big stuff in the college football world. To say my husband is a huge U of O ducks fan would be a severe understatement. This is the first time the Ducks have made it to the BCS, let alone had an undefeated season. I myself am what I call a "fan by marriage". I share my husbands enthusiasm only because he is so excited about it. Personally, football puts me to sleep. They already have news crews in Arizona where the game is taking place with regular broadcasts of it during the regular news hour. The game isn't on until the 10'th! I asked my husband, "what the heck do they have to report about! Nothing is going on yet!" I do think it is cool that this is happening to Oregon, but yeah, I'll be glad when football season is over with. Our family usually goes to my brother in laws house for a Super Bowl party. I really can't stand watching football on tv, and their house is way to small to host as many people as they do. I get to cop out of it by saying I don't like football. I get a whole afternoon to myself that way!! [​IMG] I usually keep the game on on at times, though, to see some of the commercials.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  4. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    That must be annoying, I'm not a huge football fan

5. Uncle_Bubba

Uncle_Bubba Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2010
    Conway township Mi
    We had the same thing here in Detroit a few years back......I think they had more hookers and graffiti to clean up tho....

6. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    I didn't even know where the Super Bowl was this year LOL! We are a college football town here being only 30 min. from Univ. of Florida. If I never hear Tebow's name again it will be too soon. [​IMG]

7. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I dislike professional sports. See absolutely NO value to them. Grown men who still want to be kids and play.

Mind you, I support sports up through college, but not past. Sorry.

That said, Superbowl commercials are usually pretty great.

8. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    So glad to see I'm not alone. And that it is OK not to love football.
    I actually detest it. I hate the noise it makes in the beackground. Rrrraaaahhhhh rumbling [​IMG]

My DH is not a Cowboy fan, thank goodness.
    But you still cant escape all the talk.

9. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    I feel your pain! Ours isn't until next year and all we're hearing in the Indy markets is the debate about whether or not we'll get to have our Superbowl, and all the ramifications around that!

10. Moxiechick

Moxiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    Maine
    Quote:I've always hated that noise too! It just gets on my nerves like nails on a chalk board. [​IMG]

Football has to be the most inane of all sports. They have to stop playing and reassemble every time the ball gets dropped? Come on! Three minutes of play translates to half an hour of real time. [​IMG] Just pick up the dang ball already.
    Football is also unimaginative. Case in point- The refs and coaches all wear "baseball" hats. Doesn't this franchise make enough money to design their own hats??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by