OK I know this is probably strange for this site lol...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by RedHead, Dec 7, 2009.

1. RedHead

RedHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    Well, to make a VERY VERY VERY long story short; about 6 - 7 years ago I had a chance at a record deal but I blew it because I had probably the WORST stage freight ever lol , and I ended up blowing it because of it. I know chances like I've had only come around once, if at all..... Anyway, I've decided that every choice I make ends up bringing me back to my music, or animals lol but I have a chance to start playing live at a friend's place. Now I know if I have a few drinks in me than I can do it no prob, but even with as small of a crowd as he builds at his place, I still can't seem to get rid of this stage freight thing. I've heard myself recorded and It doesn't sound bad to me but I know it's not good enough. Now I know my chickens enjoy my playing/singing but I'm sure it's far from up to 'par' with what's been done or what's being done lol. I'll post a clip soon once I get this program figured out right lol. I can sing different things but playing and singing is something I haven't done since the pig pickin' we did for them and I was past due for sleep when I sung, I barely remember singing lol. But ANYWAY All I sung and played was Alice Cooper and other classics from other classic metal musicians lol... I know I do good with June Carter Cash stuff and other older music and the only newest artist I do a good 'copy' of is Evanescence; BUT I'm not trying to do anything that's been done 1,000 times before. Any suggestions? I'll post some music as soon as I get the program figured out lol BUT until then... do you guys have any recommendations for someone that sings mainly June Carter/Johnny Cash songs and Alice Cooper and Bob Segar and Evanescence? btw I play the guitar and sing at the same time. But Hubby seems to think that I should do something with my 'musical' talent aside from keeping the chickens happy and doing housework lol

2. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Have you considered posting to YouTube. Its a great way to get your voice out there in front of millions without having to deal with stage fright.

3. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    I've thought about it, but I can barely even sing in front of my hubby lol let alone a camera, but I might give it a shot

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Take a deep breath.. believe in your ability .. and do it..... and we want to know when you post to YouTube!.... we are behind you all the way....

5. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Just do what I do an hit record. The do it over an over an at some point it sounds good. Then crop the junk out.

See.

6. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    ok, well I am now attempting to upload a very CRUDE version of Alice Cooper's 'Welcome to my Nightmare' that I did using windows sound recorder lol We'll see if it actually works this time..God know's I've attempted to get yall's opinion for a while now; I just haven't been able to get it posted properly till now (maybe...lol) I'm still having problems finding a site that will host my sound files only though, gimmie about an hour or so and I'll figure something out lol

7. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    Thanks English Chick ! I'll post as soon as I figure this all out lol...
    I know my way around DOS but I can't figure out how to post audio properly to byc lol

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Okey dokey ....

9. RedHead

Jan 22, 2009
    East Lake, NC
    ok well if this works, be warned! This is very rough and was done with nothing but the mic attached to my headphones and my Computer lol It's been 5 years since i had the opportunity to record something and 5 years since I played my Violin...Anyway... I know that's off subject, but it's somewhat relevant LoL This is just me singing with the headphones/microphone on... I was offered a record deal once bout 1 year BEFORE Evanescence Came out. The stage freight got the best of me though, my throat locked up during recording
    [​IMG] We'll see if zshare works lol as soon as my KB/s speed up [​IMG]

10. Crusty McPottydoodle

Crusty McPottydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2009
    The Wet Coast
    Two words.

Beta Blockers.

I suffer from the worst performance anxiety. I used to be able to curb it with bananas, but it got to a point where they were no help. I resisted beta blockers for years. I felt that if I took them, I was weak. Well, I had a big audition coming up and I was so worried about blowing it, I had a chat with my Dr. I went all prepared to have to convince her. Turns out, she has plenty of patients who are performers, so she was sympathetic.

OMG, what a difference these things made. I went into my audition and played the best I had ever played - not because I took the beta blockers, but because I didn't have the nerves.

I kid you not when I say that when I am suffering from performance anxiety, I spend the whole time I'm playing telling myself that I am sucking and should just stop right now and walk out. Needless to say, this is not a positive performance enhancement.

You may also want to consider reading "A Soprano on Her Head". It is an excellent book.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by