OK I said I was not getting more but...... (4 pics )

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Crazy4Chicks, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    these little ones followed me home last night what was I supposed to do LOL

these were sold as Blue banty ee's -- all Iknow is they are bantys (tiny little buggers to ) and 2 out of three have really green or willow colored legs the 3rd has the willow coloring but the toes are little more pink than green.
    they kinda have a blueish color to them.

But I promised DH no more chicks ( until the brooder babies are old enough to go out LOL ) but I have to keep reminding him that we are not keeping all the brooder babies - only the pullets -

so here are the new babies....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am totally blaming Speackledhen - for the reason I am starting to really love the color blue in a chicken LOL [​IMG]

Julie

2. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    those are so cute, I wish I could tell DH that some baby chicks followed me home and I'm going to keep them.

I've never seen those. Where did you pick them up? Very pretty color.

3. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    we got these at our local TS - they were in a large bin with some RIR's, and some other bantys, and a few HUGE meat birds.
    they only cost a whole $1.59 each LOL - DH actually picked them out since he knows I am really loving the color blue in chickens - and that I am wanting to build up a nice banty flock - so we are hoping these 3 are blues and pullets - double bonus if they are both LOL

I am kinda looking at the color of the legs and comparing them to me 2 adult EE girls - they could very well be EE's - I called Privett hatchery this morning and was told that all the babies they sent TS are pure to their breed - there are no mixes in the bunch - so these babies could very well be banty blue EE's. [​IMG]

Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by