Ok I said I was not going to candle but...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KKluckers, Oct 6, 2007.

1. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I just had to. I bought one of those surefire flashlights. I worked great and could candle without having to remove them from the incubator. A lot of the blue orps are fertile I had to throw out one because it was seeping and saw nothing inside. They are due on the 17th of this month...till then I guess I will just be... [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2007
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Christina, was that a Blue Orp seeping? If so, I wonder if a porous egg got past me. Slight porosity isnt bad, but if I missed an extra porous one, I'm so sorry! At least I sent extras for just that kind of thing.

3. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    No..I think it was from shipping because it was dried on at the bottom of the egg. The other persons eggs I bought are more porous than yours that is why Ive kept the humidity higher. I think yours looked great. Good fertility too. [​IMG]

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Good luck with the hatch! Never know what shipping gorillas do to the packages. I bet they handle the fragile ones extra hard. [​IMG]

Great flashlight huh? I carry it around all the time. I bet royicus will be checking this out soon and he can tell you about the upgrades you can do with it. Like rechargables and lamps. Right royicus?

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That's great to hear! EXCELLENT! I am so glad. It took 2 days from Ga to Wa and I sent eggs from a NC p.o. to somewhere else in NC and it took 3 days. Go figure.

6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    The flashlight is awesome....I love it! I was surprised to see so many growing.

7. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    Glad to hear that your eggs are fertile!

Which flashlight did you get, and where did you get it from? I'm curious because you don't find those flashlights at your local Target or something.

They are nice, but the batteries can get expensive. I'd recommend ordering them online for 1.25 a battery since at the store they are like $5 a battery!

Unless of course you convert it to a rechargeable flashlight [​IMG]

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

What's the name of this wonderful flashlight? :)

9. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Well, the one I use is the Surefire 6p. [​IMG]

10. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:I had to go to there website..It is a G2 Nitrolon. My husbands friend is a security guard at a night club. He was actually talking to him about my chicken eggs (lol). How it was hard for me to see what was going on inside with my maglite. So he sent my husband home with this flashlight, he said, he had a new better one he uses now. Not sure where he got it, but he is a big gun fanatic so it was probably at a sportsman store. How do you convert it to rechargeable??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by