1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK, I think I have TOTALLY lost it now.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by justusnak, Jan 20, 2009.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I really think this "chicken thing" is getting deep into my brain. Who knows....I may start growing feathers!?? [​IMG]
    I was flipping through another seed catalog...and I found a "few" things I just had to have. The number one thing is... a Rhode Island Red Rose. Its a climber,everbloomer, and grows fast. It has the most beautifull deep red roses. Then...I ordered Cocks Combs.....and hens and chicks...Now to get one of those "egg plants" that grows fruit that looks like eggs. [​IMG] Yup..I do believe I have gone off the deep end!

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

hmmm.... I sense a theme.... [​IMG]

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Actually, that sounds like a lot of fun- a chicken themed garden! [​IMG]

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I have Hens and Chicks too...I think they're sooo cute.

Hi Deb! ((waving)) Long time no see.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  5. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Sounds like a good mix!

Cock's comb is actually EGGscellent for drying! It'sd one of my favorite dried flowers.

I've always wanted to try that "wonder egg" plant, but haven't had a chance yet. Maybe this year!

Hen and chicks are awesome...until they grow their flowers! They can have a very...ummm...male-like appearance! LOL

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I grew egg gourds last year. I got the seeds from CaroleAM. They vined all around through my tomatos. It was so cool to see tomato-tomato-tomato-egg???-tomato...

7. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I was thinking...the roses will be planted along the outermost side of the coop. Thats where the RIR are! [​IMG] This will "hide" them from my DH's shop. He will be happier! LOL
    I have a pot of hens and chicks...but I wanted MORE MORE MORE!! As for the cockscomb...my DH has always liked them...so..a little something for him as well. [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Spottedcrow....where have you been? Doing OK!??

8. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I had hens and chicks last year...I loved them...you cant water them much but my dog dug them up...

9. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    Sound like you have "chicken" on the brain!

[​IMG]

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Hangin in Deb...some days there's more rope than others LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by