Ok I Think My Hens Are Weird... Normal??

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ProudNewChickenMommy86, Nov 22, 2011.

1. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    I Put A Tarp Over The Area Where They Were Because They Did Not Want To Move, It's Raining... They Are Soaking Wet!! I Tried Moving Them Inside And They Werent Having It. So I Moved The Tarp Again... Now They Moved Back To The Rain... Why Are They Doing This? They Are Such Knuckle Heads [​IMG] Is This Ok For Them To Do? Is It Normal?

2. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    maybe they like the rain! [​IMG]

3. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

I live in Florida, where it rains quite a bit, and they seem to like the rain. Hasn't hurt them yet.

4. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    They are probably afraid of it. I put fresh pine shavings in their coop because I had some and they almost wouldn't go inside--new I guess. I had to cover it up with straw. I would put the tarp up where it makes sense and eventually they should seek its shelter--I would hope. We put tarps over the run again this year to keep out the wind and cold and they weren't at all alarmed because I think they remembered them from last year.

5. ProudNewChickenMommy86

ProudNewChickenMommy86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2011
    Acworth, Ga
    1 Moved Under It And Stayed, But The Others Are Perched Up On The Porch Just Chillin Lol. I Put An Additional Nesting Box Under There With Some Hay And They Wondered For A Minute Looked Around And Then Were Like Nope Rain Is Better. Lil Weirdos. Lol. I Love My Crazies!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by