OK, I'll admit it, I am chicken insane...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mahonri, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So I'm only suppose to have 20 chickens. But I am certifiably crazy.

So two weeks ago, on a whim I won an auction of revolutionmamas eggs.... good stuff. [​IMG] BUT, the Post office massacred them. They all arrived shells intact but most were airsacs ruptured and scrambled. [​IMG] Laree is cooking them for me... of the 17 only 6 remain and they are iffy.

So I figure MAYBE I'll get 2 or 3... fine and dandy, I have a broody to stick them under.

But now the crazy part... at least 4 or 5 times in the past week I've gone onto Ideal's site and figured the 25 pullets I want to also put under the broody, you know, tried and tested layers, RIR, 236s, CQs, BSLs, BRs, I've gotten to the point where all I had to do was click purchase... I mean, I had in the credit card info in, security code, everything and then I.... "chicken out"... [​IMG]

I've even bid on a few more hatching eggs auctions, but then I'd have to get the bator out and DW has made clear, NOT THIS YEAR. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll just be patient. [​IMG] Wait till spring and get some chicks from my good friend in MO. [​IMG] They'll be better quality and what I really want anyway. [​IMG]

And it will give me time to build a nice grow out pen/2nd breed pen that looks a lot more stealth than what I had before.

Anyone else THIS CRAZY?!?!?!?!?

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    [​IMG] I have been cruising the egg and chick sites too - argh! But so far have only placed my spring order for Sand hill Preservation. And asked about eggs. And planned a new brooder.

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Yeah. I'm not allowed to have chcikens but I made my paarents let me. [​IMG] Hopefuly they wont get taken away.. [​IMG] I have 8 9 week old chicks. [​IMG]

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    I don't think you make it to 26,500 + posts without being a little chicken crazy [​IMG]

5. duck&chickencrazy

duck&chickencrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2008
    Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] lol agreed!

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Welcome to my world for the past 4 1/2 years! I will FINALLY get a chance this spring to enjoy some new peepers. It's been way too long since I've been able to hatch since going away to college.

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I think we all have a touch of "the sickness" Mahonri [​IMG]

8. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    ... and yet, I still wish I lived on a large farm.

If I had the hope of retirement someday, perhaps that could happen, but alas, for the next 20 some odd years, I can still wish and dream.

9. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    "Not this year" expires in just 31 days...

[​IMG]

10. Mahonri

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by