OK- I'm crazy, but I placed my order anyway!

congdon476

GaLLiNa LOcA
11 Years
Dec 31, 2008
Pueblo Area
OK- so for my first little collection I ordered 3 Black Australorp, 3 Buff Orpington, 3 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 Ameraucanas from Ideal. Set for an end-of-the-month delivery time frame. I will keep everyone posted with photos in the future. Now for some chick supply shopping!

Welcome to the addiction.

... erm.. I mean "BYC".
smile.png

We can't wait to see your wee little fluffy butts!

I don't know if you know, but your box will be full of chicks. Probably close to 25.

Ideal adds extra Roos for warmth, otherwise a small order of chicks would never survive.

Matt

LOL!!!! I placed an order for 26 baby chicks due at the end of this month too!! RIRS, BSTAR
and EE!!!

I did read that they will put in extras for warmth... I am sure I can figure something to do with them. It also offered to not put in quite so many extras if I paid the extra insurance on them... which I wrote I was willing to do.

I ordered 10 bantam cochin chicks from Ideal in October, and they included 15 barred rock males for warmth. One "packing peanut" died en route, and the rest are growing like happy little weeds. Until February, when we will start eating peanuts...

Back
Top Bottom