OK- I'm crazy, but I placed my order anyway!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by congdon476, Jan 3, 2009.

1. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    OK- so for my first little collection I ordered 3 Black Australorp, 3 Buff Orpington, 3 Rhode Island Reds, and 2 Ameraucanas from Ideal. Set for an end-of-the-month delivery time frame. I will keep everyone posted with photos in the future. Now for some chick supply shopping!

2. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Welcome to the addiction.

... erm.. I mean "BYC". [​IMG]

We can't wait to see your wee little fluffy butts!

3. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    I don't know if you know, but your box will be full of chicks. Probably close to 25.

Ideal adds extra Roos for warmth, otherwise a small order of chicks would never survive.

Matt

4. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    LOL!!!! I placed an order for 26 baby chicks due at the end of this month too!! RIRS, BSTAR
    and EE!!!

5. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    I did read that they will put in extras for warmth... I am sure I can figure something to do with them. It also offered to not put in quite so many extras if I paid the extra insurance on them... which I wrote I was willing to do.

6. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I ordered 8 buff silkie chicks from ideal and got them wensday with 17 mean little doms males in the box..LOL

7. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    I ordered 10 bantam cochin chicks from Ideal in October, and they included 15 barred rock males for warmth. One "packing peanut" died en route, and the rest are growing like happy little weeds. Until February, when we will start eating peanuts...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by