Ok I'm get Excited Easily ..lol

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Holly O, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    Ok I'm get Excited Easily ..lol

I was in the grocery store yesterday, and they had CRUMPETS!

Whoot! I have been wanting them since I moved here 6 years ago and no one knew what they where around here...lol I let out a squeal of excitement in the store, and had about 5 people around me asking about them. LOL
    I even went to the customer service desk to ask that they order them on a regular basis.

If they where unaware before ...lol (I'm at the store almost daily ...lol) They now know I'm crazy. I'm sure!

Now I just need to get them to know what Cheese curds are so they can order them too!

2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Ummm, what exactly are crumpets?
    Cheese curds? Is that what Little Miss Muffet was eating?

3. Holly O

Holly O Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Bergen Norway
    Quote:Crumpets are an English thing. they are slightly sweet dough. sort of a English muffin and a waffle.

Classic crumpets have a smooth round bottom, and a top riddled with small holes. They are served fresh from the griddle or toasted, and can be topped in jam or clotted cream, although butter is the traditional crumpet topping. Crumpets are never split, unlike English muffins, and they have a slightly bland flavor and spongy texture which absorbs butter remarkably well. The concept of toasting crumpets over a fire is often associated with companionable rainy days in British fiction.

"A cheese curd is an orangish cheese byproduct that feels like Silly Putty but tastes a lot better. It was invented accidentally by UW cheese scientists attempting to create an object of pure cholesterol that would still squeak. Rats who are fed this remarkable food develop an unusual capacity to polka and drink beer." ...lol

But seriously, cheese curds are fresh, young cheddar cheese in the natural, random shape and form before being processed into blocks and aged. (Cheddar cheese is typically aged from 60 days to 4 years before being sold.)

BTW little Miss Muffet was eating curds and whey. Which is Cottage Cheese.

4. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

[​IMG] Crumpets

5. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

What I wouldnt give for a cheese curd!

6. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks for the info! I think I'll pass on the curds.
    I had a scone w/ clotted cream when I visited Stonehenge, and although I could feel my arteries clogging as I ate, it was delicious.

7. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

It's so funny to hear people talk about 'cheese curds' as if an ancient thing.....
    I guess living in Wisconsin that's one of the perks....(one of the very few I have found...lol and I have lived here my whole life)...Cheese Curds are on every store shelf, gas station shelf, even five and dime store shelves....Surprised I haven't seen them on street corners yet...lol

When Jason was deployed the first time, I went to the cheese factory and got him FRESH made cheese curds, and sent them to him in Iraq. When he finally got the package (all curds were still fresh and squeaky)....they were gone in just a few hours...I can't think right now how many pounds I had sent---wanna say 30 pounds. But everyone ran-sacked him for them. They are a huge hit....
    I am actually going next week to get him more....this is his second deployment and that's one of the few things he has asked me to send him.....so I will be going and getting them next week to ship out to him in Iraq again....

8. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    mmmmmmm....[​IMG]
    we had a family reunion type thingy in Wisconsin once. the cheese curds are probably the part I remember the most!!!!

9. yfchoice

yfchoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Sandy, Utah
    Our stores in Salt Lake City have cheese curds. I get the jalapeno ones.....yumm.

10. yfchoice

yfchoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2008
    Sandy, Utah
    But I can't find kolaches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by