1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

OK, incredibly weird, hypothetical question here...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Uzuri, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Dad jokingly said that he was going to let the chickens loose in the kitchen, where it was warm. Said we'd have really fresh eggs that way, just pick 'em up and put 'em in the skillet.

Of course, that'll never happen, and I'm not interested in house chickens, but it made a weird thought cross my mind...

If chicken-diapers are put on to be right under the vent, and bother droppings and eggs come out the vent... what happens when a diaper-wearing chicken lays an egg?

2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Guess it would end up in the diaper.[​IMG]

3. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] you get a poopy egg? [​IMG]
    I had a house chicken and it was great she was in my dining room for a few weeks

4. davidb

davidb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2008
    north east Georgia
    eggarrea:lau

5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    If mine hatch they will be living in the laundry room untill spring! No diapers but a brooder cage. I know I'll have to clean it everyday. Hopefull I can move them out to the shed in march!

6. JestersEye

JestersEye Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Mullica Twp., NJ
    We're finally planning to move our last group of chicks out to the coop. They are 7 weeks old and have been living in the living room. Blue Orpingtons - one dark blue/gray cockeral (named Ash), a slightly lighter blue/gray pullet (named Smoke), and a black pullet (named Cinder). They are so well-behaved, we haven't even needed to put a top on the rubbermaid brooder box!

[​IMG]
    Hard to see his comb in this pic, but Ash is in the front and to the left.

We sometimes let them roam around the house to explore, but of course there is always mess to clean up. The little cockeral occasionally likes to hop out on his own, and runs maniacally around the room; apparently pretending to fight off some imaginary danger, or simply practicing his jujitsu moves. (He never seems to feel that danger can come in the form of any of our other pets (dogs, cats, rabbit); so I wonder what he could be imagining? They are the sweetest, tamest chicks I've ever raised... I'm gonna miss my little house babies, when they move outside to join the rest of the flock.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by