OK incubator??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kellyjo8437, Sep 24, 2011.

1. kellyjo8437

kellyjo8437 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Dunnellon
  2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

that would be fine for chicken eggs

3. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Thats a good incubator go ahead & put a PC fan in it, & you can always add to it like a turner, I have the same one but a lot older. nothing wrong with a HovaBator.

4. kellyjo8437

kellyjo8437 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2011
    Dunnellon
    Quote:What is a PC fan and what does it do? I saw the turner that fit it.... but for just one small breeding pair flipping them 3 times a day doesn't seem really hard for now, or are there other benefits to a turner?

5. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    I highly recommend the hovabator, any model. I have one from 1986 and a new one. The new one is still air. I use the turner for both because I don't have the discipline for hand turning. Silver laced polish are so striking. Enjoy! You will become addicted though.[​IMG]

6. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    I have used this model my self. This was my first incubator. It is a good incubator for the price. If you get it you should change the wafer after every three or so hatches (or once a year) to keep a steady heat

7. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    Quote:What is a PC fan and what does it do? I saw the turner that fit it.... but for just one small breeding pair flipping them 3 times a day doesn't seem really hard for now, or are there other benefits to a turner?

A PC fan is a computer fan & are about $10 or you may have one laying around, It keeps the air circulating inside the bator & makes it forced air insted of still air, which is a lot better, the fan kit for this bator from GQF will run about $30-$40 & the PC fan will do just as good.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by