1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok, IVE GOT PICTURES!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sloallie10, Feb 17, 2009.

1. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    ok, so a little while ago i made a topic about these chickens i thought were buff orpingtons, that had black in the tail, but now............ wait for it

keep waiting

IVE GOT PICS!!!!!!

Ok, here they are:
    look at the one in the back with the blackish tail.
    *that is a golden laced wyandotte right????
    [​IMG]
    next, the one on top of the nesting box.....
    [​IMG]

2. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    wait is this the wrong section or is this suppose to be in What breed or Gender is this????? can someone move it please?????

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Can't tell from those pic's, a close up may help.

AL

4. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    well i just toke the pictures this afternoon and they live farish away, i ll get them next week.

well they are buff, they have columbian markings, yellow leggs, and single comb????? any ideas???

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    idk...but that looks like an AWESOME start to a buff coloration of Delawares!!!!

(Yes, that's a golden-laced Wyandotte in with them.)

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    It looks like they have white legs( cant tell for sure in the picture)which would suggest Orpington.. I have heard that some buff Orpingtons can have black in their tail. The little spots on the neck suggests a columbian pattern.

( project buff delawares ye) [​IMG]

7. The first pic shows a hen above the GLW and it almost looks like it could be a Rose comb. But a little to blurry to tell...

The on one on the nest box that is stationary, has a beautiful pattern. I would love to have a couple in my flock!!!

I say ask the owner to see where he/she got the birds at and see what they called um. That may give you a clue or two.

But when you get the chance take more pics and close up would be a little better for the eyes.

But they my just be a woddy cross you never know???

8. Jayare's Chicks

Jayare's Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2007
    Florence, Alabama
    The 1 that has the MOST black in it is the gold laced wyandotte the other 3 are buff orpingtons. Although 1 of the buff orps with the black tail and the black lacing in the neck feathers may have something else mixed in with it. That 1 is VERY pretty though and would be nice to know what it may be mixed with.

Jayare

9. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I think it's time for me to get glasses...LOL...I only see yellow legs! lol!

[​IMG]

10. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    ok, so one of the buffs one hase a rose comb, ans white legs, (i think). and the 2 other buff ones have single and yellow, legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by