1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok, just few more questions 4 Hova-bator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fancypants4569, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Fancypants4569

Fancypants4569 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    I was given a used Hova-bator, I think it is the thermal air flow model but not sure due to most of the label stickers are gone. It has a few missing things but should be easy to replace and it also needs a new wafer. What I need is if anyone can direct me to an online manual or something so I can be sure as to what all is missing and also learn how to operate it, Ive looked and cant seem to find a manual for it, and second were to find least expensive wafers? Thank you all ahead of time for your answers and taking the time to reply to my post...I am really wanting to get into this and want to learn!!! [​IMG] Ok, I have a list of the things I need to get for this thing. Should I go ahead and order a couple of wafer's? Do they need to be replaced often?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

3. killer

killer Chillin' With My Peeps

i see you have a LG fan mounted in that thing. so keep the temp around 99 to 100 deg.

4. Fancypants4569

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    So when I order wafer's fpr this thing does any of the wafer's for all the Hova-bators work?

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    Yes, The wafers are all the same

6. Fancypants4569

Dec 10, 2008
    Prineville, Oregon
    Thank you Pulletsdecajun! That site is perfect! Mine has no vent plugs so I need to order those too, so far it looks like it wont cost me to much to get it going agian. If anyone has this type of incubator, any info on do's and dont's, helpful hints, ect would be greatly appreciated!

7. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I have a more recent model hova bator. I can tell you that it keeps a perfect temperature, but you will want to take a couple of days to fiddle with it and stabilize the temperature. Have fun hatching!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by