Ok Just One More Question And Maybe Thats It

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, Sep 12, 2011.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    OK MY BUFF ORPINGTON DAISYS PERSONALITY HAS CHANGED. SHE IS NOW TRYING TO PECK AND HURT ME FROM WHERE SHE WAS SITTING IN MY LAP HAPPY AS A LARK 2 WEEKS AGO. WHAT IN THE WORLD HAS GONE WRONG WITH MY SWEET CHICKIE. SHE WILL BE AROUND 23 WEEKS OLD WED. SHE BOUT TOOK MY ARM OFF FRIDAY. WE HAVE GOTTEN RID OF THE ROOSTERS COULD THIS BE THE REASON? JUST WANTING TO KNOW AND MAYBE THIS WILL BE MY LAST QUESTION ABOUT IT.[​IMG]

2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Hmmm... How old is she?
    It might have something to do with going brboody or something.

Also, did you realize you wrote in all caps? This might be your problem. [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    I really have no answer....but I can tell you this. When I had to separate one of my RIR roos from his girls for safety reasons to finish construction, their attitudes changed a bit. But the minute they were rejoined they perked right up again. [​IMG]

This is only what happened in my case. Hope she will just get over it. Buffs are known for 'quiet disposition' I have read.

4. the3ofus+oursixchicks

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    Quote:YES I GUESS I DIDNT WANT MY POST TO BE MISSED THANKS:ya

5. the3ofus+oursixchicks

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    Quote:YEAH I RESEARCHED CHICKENS AND NARROWED IT DOWN AND THEY WERE THE REALLY SWEET ONES. SHE WAS. I HAVE ANOTHER HER NAME IS ROSEY SHE LAYS HER HEAD ON MY SHOULDER AND DAISEY USED TO. I AM WAITING SHE LEFT ANOTHER BRUISE ON MY LEG TODAY. SHE WANTS ME TO HOLD HER SHE DOESNT WANT ME TO HOLD HER GEEEEEES MAKE UP YO MIND WOMAN.[​IMG]

6. Farm_Maven

Farm_Maven Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    Tishomingo
    the3ofus+oursixchicks :

Quote:YES I GUESS I DIDNT WANT MY POST TO BE MISSED THANKS:ya

My "caps" button is always moving around. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it, lol.​

7. mstrrlm

mstrrlm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Picayune, MS
    I have 2 BR Pullets that would peck at my hand by them when they are just getting to roost at night. I solved that problem real quick, by popping them on the beak so they know I am top of the pecking order.

8. Ole rooster

Ole rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    Milner, Georgia
    Believe it or not, enough of the caps locked on and you may get ignored.

9. the3ofus+oursixchicks

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    no disrespect intended.........but what in the worls does my caps lock have to do with anything????[​IMG]

10. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Caps in email or on forums is considered to be shouting and is generally regarded as a little rude.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by