ok lock down question Please?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickiebabyfluff, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Will it mess things off if you go into lock down a day early or a day late? I have eggs tht were set in the bator one day apart from each other today is day 18 for one and 17 for the other and i only have one bator?? Will it be ok to lock down them all tomorrow?

2. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    anyone?? Please?

3. ams4776

ams4776 Chillin' With My Peeps

I dunno for sure but if it were me id do it bout half way through day 18. They all should be big enough though to move themselves i think. Gonna have the same deal myself and last turn b4 i up humidity will be morning of day 18.

4. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:k ty ty so much [​IMG]

5. ams4776

Glad to help and good luck [​IMG][​IMG]:jumpy

6. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    Quote:well this month i found out i stoped turning my 12 eggs a day early and i had 5 of them hatch and 7 duds i think but i think 2 of them had died before lockdown so i had a 50% hatch rate i think they will just settle in the egg a day before besides it might give them time to get comfy to start the breaking out process! but i have read many posts that say you should stop turning on day 18 cause thats when they are settling in the egg and if you keep turning them a day over that you might hurt them im not sure i have 3 LG bators 2 for hatching and 1 for the lockdown so i can have 2 days worth in the turner

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  7. ams4776

I have heard of people forgetting to turn off the auto turners and working out fine. Who knows hatching seems to be half luck lol

8. Amarisus

Amarisus Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Fallbrook CA
    Quote:I had eggs one day apart as well and went into lockdown on day 19 for the first eggs i put in it was day 18 for the others. They are all hatching just fine.

9. Chickiebabyfluff

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Quote:I had eggs one day apart as well and went into lockdown on day 19 for the first eggs i put in it was day 18 for the others. They are all hatching just fine.

Ty ty for sharing!! I am a nervous wreck!!! [​IMG]

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I have taken them off the turner for eggs to hatch, put it back on and then off for lockdown and they hatched just fine. One day is not gonna make big difference.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by