Ok... Male or Female White Egyptian.....

Discussion in 'Ornamental Fowl (Swans, etc.)' started by chickenzoo, Feb 21, 2011.

1. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

[​IMG]

Any educated guesses................. I tried vent sexing...... I suck at it on these......

2. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    it's hard to tell on geese especially white phased, and vent sexing can be tuff on them too.
    It's a male though Jen.
    Based off the red bill lining and larger eye patch and knot on the top bill

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  3. spectrumranch

spectrumranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Egyptians are very easy to sex- hens have a loud call, males hiss. Egyptians that are are a few months old can be sexed by voice.

White Egyptian genes are also sex linked.

4. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I was thinking male, but I've never herd it make a sound yet. I tried vent sexing, and have done well with call ducks,baby emu etc.... but couldn't see anything on this one. [​IMG] thank you for the advice, now I need a girl for him..... LOL. Still wasn't a bad $10 spent on him I think. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  5. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Quote:$10.00! was this your friend down the road again? I'm lucky to even find any, let alone for 10.00.

6. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

No, a friend found it at a local auction for me. people thought it was a Muscovy X goose cross, so no one really bid on it... LOL

7. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Quote:There aren't any good auctions around here, darnit. LOL. You always find the good deals on all those out there animals.

8. BAMABIRDS

BAMABIRDS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    10 dollars is a steal wish you lived close to me. I have 2 white females in need of boyfriends.

9. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Quote:Me too ! You wouldn't want to ship one over would ya...... I'm sure she'd love a Florida vacation.... hehe [​IMG]

10. BAMABIRDS

BAMABIRDS Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    Not really I'm gonna hang onto them and see if I cant find a couple of boys. [​IMG] hope you find one though. If you take a regular female and put with him you can get both colors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by