ok my beautiful 2 boys are........

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by the3ofus+oursixchicks, Oct 5, 2012.

1. the3ofus+oursixchicks

the3ofus+oursixchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    i have 2 blue and red laced wyandonettes. they were raised together from day old chicks since april. so they are 6 months old now. they have always been big buddies now, all of a sudden they are trying to kill each other. any advice please????

2. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Did any of the other flock dynamics change? Additions, subtraction? Did something in their living arrangements change? It could just be that one of them decided to be head roo. Once they have started fighting there will be no peace until one backs down. Separation may be necessary.

3. the3ofus+oursixchicks

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    no nothing has changed. i think it is one wanting to be head rooster. i'm not willing to see who that turns out to be. i love them both but i am parting with one today. i tried being out with them (they free range) but once they see each other they just keep their heads real close to the ground and make that noise they make. so i know if they can get close to each other it will be on. i dont want one of them to get hurt real bad so we have decided to part with one of them. hubbys cousin is going to take sunny. well we are going on a trip this week and he is staying with them while we are gone then i will decide forsure what i want to do. i dont want one to lose an eye or anythig like that. thanks

4. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
    Colmesneil,TX
    I had a couple fight that way. One actually tore the other's comb about 1/2 inch and it looked like he was dying. Not that I'd recommend this happening but on the bright side, it was decided who was boss then and they didn't fight any more. Mr. Torn Comb healed quickly and well. Separation sounds best.

5. the3ofus+oursixchicks

Apr 22, 2011
    alabama
    yeah i know they are trying to see who is boss but, i just couldnt let one of them get hurt really bad when i was aware they were fighting. we took Sunny to my hubby's cousins house. he looked really happy he is the only rooster with about 8 or 9 hens. i think i did the right thing with the understanding if they didnt want him anymore that i want him back. thanks for all the advice

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by