OK... my rooster is a horn-dog (sry if inappropriate)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Ravishaw, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Ravishaw

Ravishaw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    My 12 hens have 'come of age,' I guess, because my rooster has gone crazy. When we got him he came to us with an old barred rock and an old white legghorn.
    The white legghorn continues to be an amazing layer. The barred rock... not so much. But I saw the rooster do his manly thing with them maybe twice in the span of 4 months.

Yesterday I stayed home from work and saw him busy with my 12 hens I raised from chicks, going from one to the next to the next to the next... Now my little suzie (the smallest rhode island red) was having nothing of it... But my americaunas, my barred rocks, even the anti-social wynadottes couldn't resist and let him have his way. I laughed because he looked like he kept losing his balance.

I pushed him off the back of a barred rock when he made the mistake of mounting her too close to me though.

Ok srsly, watching a rooster in a big flock of hens can make one a bit jealous. [​IMG]

2. Naughty

Naughty Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Wichita
    Even funnier to watch a banty rooster "get a piggy back ride" from a full sized golden comet..

looks like a chihuahua and a great dane

Anyone else notice that it seems like the egg yolks got HUGE after the rooster came of age and started making em happy?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by