ok need some advice 3 eggs have holes......

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tgblldog70, Feb 14, 2012.

1. tgblldog70

tgblldog70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    well they started at about 830 this morning they each have a hole but the white membrane is still kind of covering it but the shell is cracked off should I help them?? or are they fine just leave them???? this is the first time we have done this and hubby had to leave for work for 2nd shift so I am all alone with them. how long does it usually take for them to start emerging from there shell?? any advice would be lovely. thank you.

2. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    leave them alone. It could take hours or maybe till tomorrow to hatch but now it the time to leave them alone and let them do their thing.

Lanae

3. tgblldog70

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ok thank you. Nervous nelle here. they are peeping up a storm so cute I cant wait!!!

4. gallynn17

gallynn17 New Egg

Feb 14, 2012
    we have the same problem. we can see the little birds heart beating and there is a big hole, the otter shell has seperated from the chick should we help?

5. FLITZ

FLITZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    it would be soo much easier if we could just open the shells on day 21. like opening a christmas gift

6. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    BACK AWAY FROM THE INCUBATOR! LOL! I am constantly staring in the window of my hatcher. I have been doing this for years and still have to mentally chant " Dont Touch, Dont Touch, Dont Touch". There are rare instances where you can help and make a difference but usually they do it all themselves.

Lanae

7. tgblldog70

Jul 20, 2011
    Fort Wayne, IN
    5 have hatched so far as of 3am this morning!!!!! one peeped at about 12am so he is a late starter. they are so cute I cant wait till they dry and we move them to their brooder ( i think thats the word??) I cant believe they all are hatched/hatching!!!!!!!!!!! pics will follow, the incubator is so full of condensation that its hard to see them all.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by