OK, NO ONE HERE WILL BELIEVE ME, BUT........

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickenfan4life, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    ATWOODS HAS CHICKS, AGAIN ALREADY! AND IT'S AUTUMN!

Me and my mom went to Atwoods to get chicken feed and thats what we saw as soon as we turned down the chicken feed isle. BABY CHICKENS! I begged my mom to let me get some, buuuuut... "No, I am not going to appempt to raise chicks through the fall and put them outside in the middle of winter." Oh, well... [​IMG] . She does make a good point; mom's really are smart, cuz I know I wasn't thinking like that.... I noticed they had speckled sussex and black giants. Oh, and I asked around, and, apparently they DON'T order from Ideal... or at least that guy said so... [​IMG]Mom said that I can get some in the spring if I take good care of the ones we have... sounds like a fair trade-out to me, since, uh, HOW COULD I FORGET MY GIRLS?! Lol.

Cannot wait to gey some new biddies for our lovely flock... This is awesome. Has anyone else ever been excited to add chickens to their flock? I feel pretty alone with my love for chickens... [​IMG]

Has anyone ever had their local Atwoods get shipments of chicks in Autumn? This kinda confuses me.

But it is awesome to know that I will get some babies as soon as spring is here--[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I will definetly post pics of my chickies when I get them in the spring.... which feels like a million years away... I HATE WAITING! [​IMG] Please feel free to comment away, and to say whether or not your Atwoods has done something this weird.

2. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Excited is an understatement. I'm counting the weeks. I have the breeds I want picked out. I know the general date I'll be ordering for and the hatchery I'm getting them from. Heck, I even have some names picked out! All this, and my spring babies have just turned 3 months old. (Don't get me wrong, I still adore them! There's just nothing that beats little peepers in the spring... :love )

I don't think we have an Atwoods around here. However, some of the nearby hatcheries have hatches scheduled up to the end of November. :confused: I guess if you have the coops available to keep them warm in all winter it could work out.

3. jksranch

jksranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2009
    Streetman, Texas
    Went to Atwoods Monday for game bird starter and they have baby chicks and ducks!!!

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I really wish I could get some NOW! And, YES, excited is a definete understatement!!!! I will SO be ordering from Ideal this spring... I wish mom just understood my excitement... [​IMG]

5. blueeyeddemon

blueeyeddemon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2012
    South Texas
    Ikr!! My mom doesn't understand my excitement about anything!! And......I FINALLY DECIDED WHAT I WANT TO BE AS AN ADULT!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I went through, literally, millions of choices until I got my snakes :D And NOW I want to be.......A snake breeder :D I'm soo excited :) And I am already trying to earn money for MORE SNAKES :) Hahaha!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by