Ok, no one told me how ridiculously addicting chicks are!!!!!! I need some help ID my new baby Banty

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kzane23, Mar 6, 2013.

1. kzane23

kzane23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    I've already decided 'She' is going to be my crazy little pet chicken. She is from Privett Hatchery and was in a ST Run Hatchery choice bantam box. She already has tiny little primaries growing in :) I've named her Puffin.

[​IMG]

She's completely snow white, no yellow tint what so ever, 4 toes, no leg feathers, pale pinkish yellow beak, legs and toes and weirdest of all...... fluffy beak....

[​IMG]

2. Lynndaybrown

Lynndaybrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Maryland
    I don't know what kind if chick she is- I looked at Privetts Website and my best guess would be Americana or Deleware . Whatever she is she sure is a cutie!

3. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    Me and the poor kid at the feed store (hes my chicken guru) couldn't figure it out for anything! I think 'she' has imprinted on me. She flips out when I put her down and snuggles.

4. smithfarms

smithfarms Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2013
    Amory, MS
    She looks like a white old english game bantam to my but that is just going by me looking at it. I have had them before and they looked just like that. It is one good looking bird. :)

5. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    I read some where that White chicks tend to turn silver? and truth in that?

6. smithfarms

Mar 6, 2013
    Amory, MS
    Some do and some stay the some most white chickens start out as a yellow or a off white coloring as chicks. And with the gender of the chick if u can take a pic of one of the wings with it spread out. I could sex it for u.

7. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    oooh ok. gimme a sec...

8. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    [​IMG]

9. smithfarms

Mar 6, 2013
    Amory, MS
    The wrong side lol... there is another way you can do it but it is only about 65% correct. It is to pick it up like you would a kitten by the back of the nick and if the legs point down it is a female and if they draw up under the chick thin it is a male.

10. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    I think She maybe a He......Regardless. It's LOUD lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by