Ok now Am I a Mother Hen or what??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by pattee, Apr 25, 2008.

1. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    [​IMG] So I'm getting my chicks on the 30th~ Unfortunately I have much needed consultation with an oral surgeon the next day... I'm so worried to leave them alone. I've got our pet sitter coming twice to check on them...

Now I'm going to keep them in my downstairs bathroom. In a tub in the tub. I have a chicken coop built with electricity and all. Should I put them out there in their tub, with the 250 watt bulb? It's predator safe.

I'm such a nervous nellie... I've waited so long to get chickens now. I want to make sure all goes well.....

Thanks for any help~
    This is the greatest site I've ever found!
    Pattee

2. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    It would probably ease your mind to keep them in the bathroom till you get back from the docs!

3. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I know what you mean about being nervous about the chickies. I was the same way with my first batch and am the same way now even with the broodies taking care of the chicks. If you provide food, heat, water, and good floor material (so they don't get spraddle leg) they will be fine. Make sure they can't drown in the water and test the heat system first for a few days to make sure the temperature is correct (use a thermometer to get the heat right). If all those things are good (and there are no predators) they should be fine.

4. pattee

pattee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Thanks you all~I have all the necessary things for my chicks... my poor son probably remembers all the time I fussed with him~[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by