OK..now I am confused...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mmtillman, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I thought the term ''fuzzy butts'' was just a cute little endearing name for all cute little baby chicks ? [​IMG]
    Or does the term fuzzy butt refer to an actual breed of chicken that has a more furry backside?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have refered to my chicks that I have ordered and arriving in April as Fuzzy butts....When actually...I have several types of chickens ordered.....someone please set me straight on this...? [​IMG]

Also...I had a question about the term ''frizzies''....is that the little ones with fuzzy topknots on the heads? And silkies....? Those are bantam chickens, right??
    [​IMG] See ....I have alot to learn !! ....[​IMG]
    Thanks in advance everyone !! [​IMG]

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    fuzzy butts-all chickens with fuzzy butts [​IMG]

frizzle: a type of chicken which has feathers that grow backwards or look like they stuck beak in a light socket [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a silkie, their like a long haired chicken, lol.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    I have a cat named "Fuzzy butt" Seemed funny until my son had to share about his pets at school. hahaha

4. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Quote:I have a cat named fuzzy butt!! Actually his name is Congo Fuzzy Butt, it was Congo Silverback when we first got him from the shelter. He had a silver back and Congo the movie had just come out, lol. He's rather old now.

[​IMG]

5. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    He is beautiful. My fuzzy butt is hard to get a picture of b/c she hides a lot. [​IMG] Her favorite spot is on top of the fridge.

6. mmtillman

mmtillman Chillin' With My Peeps

WEll...that clears up alot of my questions ...Thanks [​IMG]
    And thanks for the darling pictures!! ....but now I see several types of chickens that I JUST GOTTA have!!! [​IMG]
    I can already see a 2nd coop is in our future!!!! [​IMG]

7. random

random Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    australia
    my partner tried telling me a frizzle was when the chick comes out backwards [​IMG]....funny man he is [​IMG]...except he forgot one thing...chicks arent born with feathers!! [​IMG] i think he actually believes he has me fooled...silly man! [​IMG] lol...gotta love him though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by