OK..now I am confused...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mmtillman, Feb 19, 2009.

1. [​IMG] I thought the term ''fuzzy butts'' was just a cute little endearing name for all cute little baby chicks ? [​IMG]
    Or does the term fuzzy butt refer to an actual breed of chicken that has a more furry backside?? [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have refered to my chicks that I have ordered and arriving in April as Fuzzy butts....When actually...I have several types of chickens ordered.....someone please set me straight on this...? [​IMG]

Also...I had a question about the term ''frizzies''....is that the little ones with fuzzy topknots on the heads? And silkies....? Those are bantam chickens, right??
    [​IMG] See ....I have alot to learn !! ....[​IMG]
    Thanks in advance everyone !! [​IMG]

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Songster

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    fuzzy butts-all chickens with fuzzy butts [​IMG]

frizzle: a type of chicken which has feathers that grow backwards or look like they stuck beak in a light socket [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a silkie, their like a long haired chicken, lol.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Songster

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    I have a cat named "Fuzzy butt" Seemed funny until my son had to share about his pets at school. hahaha

4. cluckychick

cluckychick Songster

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Quote:I have a cat named fuzzy butt!! Actually his name is Congo Fuzzy Butt, it was Congo Silverback when we first got him from the shelter. He had a silver back and Congo the movie had just come out, lol. He's rather old now.

[​IMG]

5. bubbazmommy

bubbazmommy Songster

Oct 8, 2008
    Albany, ME
    He is beautiful. My fuzzy butt is hard to get a picture of b/c she hides a lot. [​IMG] Her favorite spot is on top of the fridge.

6. WEll...that clears up alot of my questions ...Thanks [​IMG]
    And thanks for the darling pictures!! ....but now I see several types of chickens that I JUST GOTTA have!!! [​IMG]
    I can already see a 2nd coop is in our future!!!! [​IMG]

7. random

random Songster

Feb 5, 2009
    australia
    my partner tried telling me a frizzle was when the chick comes out backwards [​IMG]....funny man he is [​IMG]...except he forgot one thing...chicks arent born with feathers!! [​IMG] i think he actually believes he has me fooled...silly man! [​IMG] lol...gotta love him though [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by