Ok now Im skeered

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Cheri, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    I told a few of the ladies a week ago, about my son Corey. Corey is 18 and is in basic training in Ft. Benning GA. I am not really too worried because the day he was supposed to originally go to Basic he and his sister were in a bad car wreck. So I could have lost him here also. Well he called last night and he will be heading to Afghanistan in Sept. My baby is growing up and trying to save the world! My daughter laughed and said he would probably find Ben Laden. [​IMG]. My daughter leaves in late Nov. She got a fractured back and a broken leg.

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm glad that your daughter is okay...It could've been much worse...
    We're proud of your son to do his duty to his country.
    I hope someone finds bin Dumdum PDQ so all the kids can come home...

3. pegbo

pegbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2007
    I have a nephew stationed in Afganistan and worry about him every day!!! I'm not sure the war's about Bin Laden any more. In fact I'm not sure if any of the powers to be know what we are doing over there!!!! I want them all home like yesterday!!!!!!:mad:

4. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    My regards to your kids. Thank them for their service, for me. Even if people don't agree on the 'rightness' of the war, it's there and your kids are heroes in my opinion for going voluntarily. My son still is kicking around the idea of the USMC and it is scary just thinking about one of my babies being shot at. I can't imagine your stress having two! Our prayers will be with 'em, and with you!

5. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Cheri I feel your pain. My son has been in Iraq a month now. I worry about him every day. The few times he has managed to contact us he has been very upbeat. I thank God for that. He doesn't understand why we are over there either He just knows its his duty to be there. Thankfully he is with a great set of guys whom we have met. They take care of each other and it shows in their closeness. Three of his Sargents told us not to worry that they would watch ot for him We told them to watch out for themselves as well. I have a good feeling about his deployment. I gave him over to the Lord for safe keeping and I know hes safe. Whats so sad is all these young kids going off to war. I couldn't help but notice just how amny of the group going were only 18 -21 I hate to think of what they will see over there. and what changes there will be. Keep praying and all will be well Micki

6. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Amen Micki amen. Pass along my gratitude to your son as well.

I think that this has been a good experience for him. He was on the road to ruin before this. I am also sure that the Lord has his hand on him.

Pegbo, my daughter was just joking. [​IMG]

7. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    hey! we are here to support you, and your chickens needs. My boyfriend is in the army and just back from Iraq in September and is going out to Afghanistan September in 2008. He has been in service for 5 years. I cant imagine what its like to be the mother of the son or daughter who is going out to seas must feel like. But there is nothing compared to the feeling when they come safely. What occupation is he going to be doing after he gets into the forces?

8. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Infantry. He was supposed to be in the Calvary Scouts but the car accident delayed that. He may get to go to sniper school. He wants to be an EMT/Paramedic when he gets out. He already went into action when one of the guys fell while marching and busted his head open. Corey ripped off his shirt and wrapped it around the guys head. I think Corey would be the kind of soldier who comes home with awards. (no........Im not that proud. [​IMG])

9. Jezebelle

Jezebelle Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2007
    Pinnacle, NC
    wow infantry!! I know thats scary...sounds like he is ready go be a paramedic already. I wish him luck with that!

10. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Well he wanted to go in as a firefighter but they don't let newbies do that. In about 2 years he can take the Asvab again and try to change MOS.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by