ok now I'm totally confused

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by notducky, Nov 23, 2014.

1. notducky

notducky Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2014
    The 4 girls I got last month are supposed to be americauna/ EE. They gave my cousin blue green eggs. When I started getting an egg a day about a week ago I assumed it was from my golden wyandotte Olive. Today I'm cleaning the coop, the americaunas are showing a lot of interest in the nests so I shut the door and let them be. I come back in later to find the same kind of light brown egg that I have been finding and in the same place I've been finding them. There were only americauna in the coop. What gives?

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Pictures, please.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    So these birds came from your cousin? Were they all laying when your cousin had them or only some of them? The thing with "EE" is that the mixes used to create them can result in birds who don't lay blue/green eggs - so some "EE" do end up laying some shade of cream/brown instead.

4. notducky

notducky Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2014
    They were all laying. I've gotten eggs from her before and there was always a few blue green in the mix. I'm thinking of the 4 I got only one or two must have the gene. I'm patiently waiting on them. I did get 2 eggs one day, but both were creamy tan.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by