ok, now worried

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by birdbrain2, Feb 6, 2009.

1. birdbrain2

birdbrain2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    my chicks were sent out wednesday, i took the day off today so i could get to post office early. i called and they didn't arrive. then they said they would get 2 more deliveries by 10:00. so i called after 10 and still nothing. they might get one more delivery late afternoon. i am afraid i will be picking up a box of dead chicks sat morning. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Try not to worry , they should be fine if the arrive by tomarrow. When they arrive just give them some warm sugar water.

3. birdbrain2

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    the wait is killing me. i actually took the day off, i haven't taken a day off in 6 yrs. this morning i woke up at 5 in the morning, that never happens and have been sitting here waiting since.

4. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Did they come this afternoon??

5. Padre

Padre Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Whay's the good word? Any news on your little fuzzy butts? Hope they come soon and are all in good health.

6. MarlaKaye

MarlaKaye Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh please please, inquiring minds want to know! Hoping all is well.
    They must have made it ok and that's why no answer. Much too busy with the little ones to come online and tell us. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  7. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    There is a different post related to this order. There were some casualties. [​IMG]

8. birdbrain2

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    yes i am having casualties, 5 on arrival, 2 in 1st ten minuets and 1 just a few minuets ago. and i believe i will lose 2 more pretty soon. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    this has been a real stressful beginning.

9. coachwife2004

coachwife2004 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2008
    Texas
    So very sorry for your loss, hope you can save a few of them. [​IMG]

10. birdbrain2

Dec 25, 2008
    belleville, IL.
    thanks, i am really bummed out, but even more for the guy thats going to pick up the rest sun. i keep reducing his numbers. i might ask him to wait a few more days just to get them healthy and as stress free as possible be fore making another scary ride in a box. even though its a 15 min ride.
    well i have learned a lesson. don't mail order chicks. i was worried i would not find any close bye, but now its the season they are all over my local craigslist. nothing against the hatcheries just the post office. priority mail=2days not 4.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by