OK..OK.. I've had Cats, I've had Dogs, and they're GREAT!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Swbuda, May 17, 2009.

1. Swbuda

Swbuda Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Temple TeXas
    And we have 5 horses, 1 donkey, and other assorted critters.. BUT, I LOVE MY CHICKENS!! Is that crazy? [​IMG] I enjoy taking care of them, watching them play, etc., and so many of them like to be petted and messed with..[​IMG].. I know once you get older, I'm 60, the little pleasures of life seem more important..But, chickens?? Later ALL.. [​IMG]

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I feel the same way. Who knew chickens were so much fun? [​IMG]

3. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    Yep, I know the feeling but please don't ask me to chose between my chickens and my dogs [​IMG]

4. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I just spent the last hour laying in the grass while getting climbed over by 3 baby Welsh Harlequin ducks. [​IMG]

No need to explain your love of chickens to me

5. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    My autistic husband who thinks pets are a pain in the keester...sits in a lawn chair in the backyard laughing at the chickens and their antics. I am amazed because he hates the cats,grumbles constantly about the dogs,wants to cook my parrot. He doesnt mind the turtle but only the chickens have him entertained . Chickens are flat out cool how could a person NOT like them?

6. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    My autistic son RUNS from the ducklings when they start to peep...and he is 6'3" tall and 250 lbs...LOL

7. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    Funny the things that freak people out isnt it?

8. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    What is REALLY funny is that my friends who are all about dogs and showing and breeding etc. simply Cannot understand my love for my chickens. They tease me in a sisterly way about how much I care for "those da** chickens"!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] But you know, there is something unexplainable about the wonderful bond that can be had with chickens. Livestock in general actually. Because they are and aren't "pets", they fall somewhere between domesticated pets(like dogs, cats, parakeets) and wild animals. I think that is at least a small part of what makes them so cool and wonderful. I [​IMG] my chickens TONS!!! [​IMG]

9. Swbuda

Swbuda Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2009
    Temple TeXas
    THANKS TO ALL OF YOU! [​IMG], who have kept me from feeling that I wasn't such a weird-o after all ..Hee Hee.. I guess there are others out there that care for their fowl as well.. [​IMG]. Sequin, you're right, because they are and aren't "pets", they fall somewhere between domesticated pets(like dogs, cats, parakeets) and wild animals. I think that is at least a small part of what makes them so cool and wonderful. BYC, you always make me feel, okay!

10. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Well, I'm 26 and I would rather be with my chickens (and other animals) than with most people. They are much more interesting in my opinion [​IMG] I love my chickens. They like to snuggle and get head scratches. People say that they are stupid, buy they aren't. Yesterday, I was on the phone with my mom and she was outside alone and she told me "I need to get some cheese from the fridge to get the chickens back in the backyard." Right when she said CHEESE, two of them came zooming around the corner [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by