Ok, Ok this is my last new bun I swear!!!! LOL! Pics.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Eggstra New, May 30, 2010.

1. Eggstra New

Eggstra New Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Springport, Michigan
    Ha Ha! Well I just got a new bunny on last Friday, but when we went to a nursery for more garden plants the woman had FLEMISH GIANTS!!! A breed I have been wanting for a couple years now! So.....I got him. I love him!!!! [​IMG] Since we already had three I figured whats one more right? Well I think he'll count for four more in a couple months. I have a rabbit addiction, but I can stop any time I want! ROFL!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Aww! What a little (or big [​IMG] ) cutie!

3. Tinted

Tinted Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    Kentucky
    Awww so cute. I breed ARBA show rabbits. 4 is a very small number. We had 49 last year but are down to 12 now. Flemish Giants will need to be on a flat bottom cage when they get a little older, wire is ok when they are small but as they hit 10-12 lbs they will need a flat bottom hutch with no wire. Just a heads up. He is adorable!

4. RebekahNicole

RebekahNicole Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2010
    Sunny SoCal
    How cute! Bunnies are adorable.

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    [​IMG] What a cute bunny. Love bunny's, I have 3.

6. Eggstra New

Feb 5, 2010
    Springport, Michigan
    Quote:Thanks for the heads up on the wire bottom. All my buns are in homemade cages with boot trays for bottoms. I just hope it can hold up to his chewing phase! Having all intact males except one neutered male, I'm trying to figure out a play time schedule again. My new lion head is pretty aggressive and attacks anyone through the bars who comes by his cage. May have to raise his cage some how since everyone else seems to do ok.

7. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Flemish Giants are my favorite breed of rabbits, we used to breed them when I was a child and they were great!

We currently have a mini rex buck but he will be neutered in a couple months (as soon as he is large enough)

8. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    I just got a 6 wk old flemish giant doe too. She is so sweet. DH just finished a hutch for me. He used his router to make half inch cuts every inch on the floor of her cage. It's wonderful and comfortable for her. I'll take a pic and try to post it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's Bridgett in her new home. [​IMG] Yes, She will outgrow it, but DH wanted to make a practice hutch first. He did a great job. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  9. Eggstra New

Feb 5, 2010
    Springport, Michigan
    Quote:She's beautiful! Close to the same color as mine. Her hutch is beautiful. Mine acts like a fish and plays in his water all the time. LoL. Does yours?

10. boxermom

boxermom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Spencer,IA
    She doesn't play in her water, but she loves to cuddle. Her favorite food is dandelions! This is my first experience with a rabbit. We sure are enjoying her, but I've got so much to learn!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by