OK ready to process one of my turkeys any suggestions?????

sbluvinit

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Well my Turkeys are about six months, think they are ready? I want to only do one, sort of a trial for turkey day this fall. I will need all the help I can get so hit me up with your comments, suggestions and such I know my BYC gang will not fail me. thanks in advance.

Yes a big one. Have fun
yippiechickie.gif

you'll also get great insite on turkeys from the yahoo group rare heritate turkeys. they have wonderful people there that will answer your questions.

What type of turkey is it? If it is a broad breasted type then yes they are ready. If it's a heritage type probably not- they take about 8 to 10 months depending on the breed.

Steve in NC

I have 2 BB Bronze and @ white ones not sure about them I just know they are white. The BB's legs are getting so wobbly

If your turkey's are as big as ours were, use this information. Cut a hole in a gunney sack and put the turkey in it with head out the hole. Once the head is severed, they are like holding jack hammers!!! It took two of us, one on each leg. We didn't use gunney sack on first one and it actually ripped a hole in husband's rubber barn boots!! ALso helps so they don't break wings.

Back
Top Bottom