1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok really! WHO IS SICK OF IT?! ~UPDATED!~

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Prisserbabe, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Prisserbabe

Prisserbabe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    I have waited for 5 months and 1 week and NO EGGS! Come on girls I am literally going outside EVERYDAY and no eggs! [​IMG]
    I have been patient but now I need some eggs! I have been kindly asking my girls for some eggs soon but none! nada! zero! zilch!
    So come on girls!!! Give me my eggs! [​IMG] ! Who is with me? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ~UPDATE~ Hi everyone! guess what!!! I GOT MY FIRST EGG!!! [​IMG] it happend yesterday and it was so pretty i will post the pic of it later! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    just be pationt
    they will lay when they are ready then youll get a whole bunch so many you wont know what to do then all of a sudden to slows down and youll be angry in that aspects [​IMG]
    34 chickens and i barly get 1 egg a day [​IMG]

for got to mention is been really cloudy here so im thinking a nice heat lamp light would wake those chikie butts right up [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  3. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    I can aggonize and sympathize with you! [​IMG] We have 5 Speckled Sussex and one Partridge Rock that are over 6 months old. Out of all of them, at best, we get 1 egg every other week! I don't believe the Patridge Rock has ever laid one. The others, well...it's hard to tell I guess. We got one little egg the other day. But it had been about two weeks since the last one. I have to buy store bought eggs today as well! [​IMG]

4. Prisserbabe

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    Quote::O thats horrid! :O lol

5. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    The average for most production chickens is the 6 month mark.
    Birds that are from good breeder stock that are known to develope slower can take up to 8 months or longer before they lay their first egg.

Sign that the girls are getting close is their combs n wattles turn bright red like a rooster, they will start squatting, practicing the egg song, and showing more interest in checking out the nest boxes.

6. LT

LT Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2011
    West Fork
    I still have three from a flock of nine who aren't laying. They were 28 weeks yesterday, making them about 6 1/2 months old. But I am getting a good amount of eggs from my other girls, so the waiting game isn't as torturous as it was about a month ago.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have three show type BR pullets, two breeder quality Buff Orp pullets and three mille fleur D'Anver pullets who are 27 weeks and not laying. Patience, grasshopper.

8. Prisserbabe

Jul 8, 2011
    The chicken coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I still want eggs though [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] If you look at my thread that is in my signature VVV
    There are pictures on how bright some of my girls face are.

9. Evelle

Evelle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    Quote::O thats horrid! :O lol

tell me about it im sooo angry i culled 7 already (they were over a year old though [​IMG]

on a good note i just found out i have all female ducks and they lay great for me LOL!!!!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  10. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm sick of everyone asking me when I am going to have eggs more than I am of not actually having eggs from our girls yet. Some people, particularly a few co-workers, are driving me NUTS!!! I've told them since the day we got the chicks that there isn't even going to be a chance for eggs until mid/late-November or early December, and yet the same people ask about once a week or every other week if we got any eggs yet. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by