Ok, she's a she, I added Spike, is he a he? Polish too?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Jul 13, 2008.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    This is one of the results from the misc. eggs I got out here from a fellow at the end of the school year. I think it is a she, I have two, one with the fluffy head and one with the same coloring but looks like a fluffy mohawk. This a sweet bird and loves to be held and cuddled. This is also the first time I used the upload on here so I'm hoping it worked:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2008
  2. olp_63

olp_63 Chillin' With My Peeps

this is just a wild guess, but I would say she's a she. and definitely a polish if thats what you were asking also...

3. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Thanks, yes I'm hoping I'm right on the she and on the Polish! I've got to a pic of Spike, the other one. This one is being called Polly at the moment, unless it turns out to be a he,,, then it's Paul, because it answers to it's name quite well.
    K

4. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    def a female. A roo would never have that much of and that even of a head dress. A roos feathers on the poof are much pointier.

5. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    It looks like a she to me. My polish are very loving birds and will sit on my shoulder while I feed the rest of the coops. I have 26 of them. The Roos are huge! Have fun!

6. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    she is a white crested black polish and what a doll!!!

7. suburban farm girl

suburban farm girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    OMG! Forgive me for laughing but that is the wildest headdress I've seen since the last time we went to Vegas!

How old is she? She looks so tiny on your hand. What an amazing bird.

I'm clueless about breed or gender, but had to comment on her gorgeousness.

8. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Huge? I think mine are small, they came from tiny little eggs! Are there Bantam Polish? I'm going to try and get a pic of Spike,, he hates to be woke up though!

9. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    polish come in bantam and standard depending on the color some only come in bantam size.

that is just a little doo, look at one of my girls at 6 weeks old, rotfl. poor thing can't see worth a darn now. [​IMG] mine r standard size.

[​IMG]

10. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    How beautiful! Mine were hatched about the middle of May. This is spike, the one I assume is the male, I had to wake him up and he didn't take it well,,, I bribed him with french fries,, his favorite snack!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by