Ok...So am I crazy?..Or does this happen to everyone...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RightFromtheStartDoula, Apr 30, 2009.

1. RightFromtheStartDoula

RightFromtheStartDoula Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2009
    Wallkill
    Ok so here we are at day 18!!...YEA!!!...

I tucked them in last night, put in another rag with water on it to raise humidity...made sure that the heat was right...ducked taped the lid shut..LOL..just kidding...

I went and got ready for bed and took 1 last peek at my babies and found 1 of the eggs moving!!...YES it was shaking!!..This is the same egg that I wrote about seeing the foot while candling!!...This little baby wants out!!..

So with that great surprise I was off to bed...Sleeping pretty well I found myself dreaming about my babies hatching..But I have to say it wasn't a very pleasant dream...I was dreaming that they were born with to many eyes!!...they had eyes all over their feathers....It was so weird!!...

I have had other weird dreams too and I find that if I read to many posts about bad things happeneing it happens to my chicks in my dreams!!..

It's like being pregnant and having bad dreams about the baby!!...

So am I CRAZY or does this happen to you too?..

4 days to go!!..Maybe that 1 will hatch early!!...[​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Yes, you are crazy.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Crazy about chickens! [​IMG]

3. RightFromtheStartDoula

Apr 13, 2009
    Wallkill
    I just took a peek!!...I can't help myself....I have 3 eggs shaking!!!!...YEAAAAAAAAA:D

4. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    Eyes all over their feathers? Sounds like you have peacock chickens.

5. jhart101

jhart101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    [​IMG] LOL, I'm a 41 year old man with a wonderful wife and son...and you know what? I too get so excited on day 18 through 21, can't stop looking in the bator no matter what and even dream of the hatching! But honestly dream more about building that really big coop some day. So yes, you are crazy...and so are the rest of us! Happy Hatching! [​IMG]

6. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Yep - it happens to us all! You're SO lucky to be seeing rocking on day 18 - that's early!!! I've actually never seen an egg move [​IMG] but I hatch in egg cartons, so that may be why. BEST of luck for your hatch! [​IMG]

7. jhart101

jhart101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    Quote:Wynete, do you use cardboard cartons? Do you cut holes in bottom for air flow...I want to try this and need a little info you don't mind please.

8. RightFromtheStartDoula

Apr 13, 2009
    Wallkill
    Yes seeing them move is really neat!!...It looks like there is an earthquake in the bator...[​IMG]

I just got back from the store and I looked in on them..I have 4 shaking now!!....Holy Chicken crap!!...So you say day 18 is early?..Is that a bad thing?..I had a feeling that some of them would be early, they have had large air cells for the last few days and the egg is completely full of chick!!...

I hope they don;t come until Saturday!!..I don't have the next cage ready for them yet!!!...Feelin the pressure now!!...I know, bad mamma!![​IMG]..LOL...

Thanks for all the kind words and happy hatching to all of you too!!

[​IMG]

9. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I have an old abtor that has don'e noting but give me problems. The night before last the temp peaked up to 104. I turned donw the temp and just went about my way. Well it went down and the agian last night it did it again. 104. I just unplugged it and forgot about using this bator anymore. I know there are poor little chicks in there that are dead. 104 is just way too high.

10. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by