1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ok so I am insane ! Long Post just need to get it out there.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cheepchicks, May 31, 2007.

1. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    So this last winter a person gave me 4 silkies, One Roo and 3 hens. The hens got eaten :mad:. Well it got close to spring and I decided to order some chicks and the hubby already had some guineas. Well the chicks are 11 weeks old now and doing quite well. ( I think they are mammoth chickens) [​IMG] So then I go and purchase 5 Royal Palm poults 2 weeks old and in the process also pick up 4 new silky chicks. Then I order 3 magpie ducks (due to arrive friday) [​IMG]. Then I sorta panic and posted some of the original chicks for sale. Well, I got an offer for a trade from someone here and we agreed to meet...LOL See I am completely insane....somebody stop me please !

[​IMG] I really love it.

Kim

2. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Is that kinda like when you go to the thrift store and drop off a load of junk but then decide to go in "just to look" and leave with a car full of someone elses stuff.... I'm just trying to follow the logic [​IMG]

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    Stop you???????

I think you need to go back to the feed store for another look! [​IMG]

4. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Barg,

Logic is supposed to be a part of this? :eek:

Kstaven,

Just after I bought my turkeys, I was at the feed store buying feed...LOL guess what they had there besides feed....more turkey babies same breed as mine. My husband took one look took me by the arm and ran.....LOL

Kim

5. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    When my wife brought home our four chicks(surprise to me)
    I cant imagine the look I must have given here... "Oh!.. Well!, uh.. chickens, you have chickens there I see, uh, wow, thats great?"
    Anyway, shes been keeping me from picking up a 5th.
    I want a buff orp or a golden laced wynd..

You tell me where the logic is. haha

6. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    My wife doesn't even try to discourage me from getting more or hatching more at this point. She knows I'm hopelessly addicted.

7. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Where are you? I just hatched MORE chicks and can't possibly keep them ALL! [​IMG] Maybe we should "trade"?

Do you have a bator? [​IMG] Thats when the insanity really begins...

8. Special Agent Husak

Special Agent Husak Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2007
    South West Michigan
    Carole, Carole, Carole.....
    You just zero right in on an easy target don't ya girl?[​IMG]

You oughta be ashamed...

uhh...btw...where are you lacated? I have some really cute african geese babies that need homes?

[​IMG]

9. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    My husband has been the the hunthing stores and guns shops a lot recently. I told him what would happen if he came home with another rifle (he's been teaching me to target shot and wants to get into skeet shooting). When we get a larger place where I can legally keep chickens I am going to pick up a batch of chickens every time I go to the feed store. [​IMG] [​IMG] He didn't sound very threatened. [​IMG]

10. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Stop you?? Kim?? HAHAH!! By the way, I am the one that she is meeting and tradeing. At first it was....I would love a few muscovy ducks....then I told her I have Banty Cochin Frizzles...so, it is now.....Ohhh, I will take a few of those too! [​IMG] Wondering what else I might have around here to throw in! LOL You REALLY need a bator Kim! [​IMG] The fun NEVER stops!
    See ya Sunday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by