Ok, so I guess I shouldn't go to the feed store alone, cuz look!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by 4H kids and mom, May 25, 2007.

1. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    [​IMG] Well, I went up to the feed store all alone to pick out our guineas. I got 5 whites and 5 lavendars because they were all out of pearls and purples. [​IMG]

But then I saw THESE and couldn't leave them there. What kind of person would I have been to just leave them there? So soft and sweet. Look at them eyes! AWWW! I mean, look at them! Oi....I'm in love! [​IMG]

Gettin to know us...
    [​IMG]

Exploring outside...
    [​IMG]

Meeting the goats...
    [​IMG]

Their very first swim...
    [​IMG]

Diving for Dandelions...
    [​IMG]

Anywho, the kids have named them DuckDuck (to go with our ChickenDuck! lol), Aflac (Had to!), DarkWing (Duck...for all you OLD people! lol), and Gus Gus (the cute mouse from Cinderella). [​IMG] They are all Pekin ducklings, and they are 4 days old (hatched Tuesday).

And of course, here are the new 10 keets (baby guineas)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think I need help. I have an addiction. The DH and I sat on the deck tonight talking about how we'll need more land by this time next year, and what we intend to do with it! lol We have a neighbor that is selling his property (12 acres, with 2 barns, 1 stable house, 1 HUGE chicken coop, wonderful pond stocked with Koi...Oh, and a 4 bed/2 bath house to boot...) for pennies, and we've known him for some time. DH thinks we can get it for a steal, and we're considerin a move within the year! Means more chickens, ducks, geese, and goats for me, plus, a few horses! YAY! I LOVE my DH! [​IMG]

2. Chelly

Chelly Cooped Up

May 11, 2007
    Awwwwwwww they are SO sweet looking!

Thank HEAVENS there is no feed store near me!

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    Good luck with your ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE new babies!! And give ChickenDuck a kiss for me, and tell him no need to worry about losing a fan.

Lol Chelly, I'm with you! Good thing my local feedstore only carries the few I *gulp* already bought. I'd be in trouble with a selection like that! Look at those cute little beaks! And those Guinea keets are cute, too. LOL!

Will you folks be keeping all of your guineas? How loud are they? We have 2 acres, and I'd love to get one or two at some point in the far distant future [​IMG].

-Meghan

4. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Oh MY!!!! Look at all them Babies!!!![​IMG] They are so adorable!! I am so glad that there isnt any feed stores aroud here that sell chicks!! I would be in soooo....Much trouble!! He he hehe he!!!

I sure hope you are able to buy the new place! sounds like a dream!

5. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    The guineas are louder than chicks/chickens, but from what I understand, they aren't that bad. The babies I got sound kinda like crickets chirpin! [​IMG] Like chicks, they are louder if they are cold, etc. Weird thing is they like to sleep on their tummies with their feet stretched out BEHIND them looking like road kill! [​IMG]

When they grow up I am told they are not normally noisey, unless something is "amiss". I will let you know how true or untrue that is! [​IMG]

6. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Aww! Congratulations on the new babies!!! They are adorable, and of course, how could you just leave them there??? [​IMG]
    And your DH sounds so sweet!! As does the deal for the place next door! [​IMG]

7. DixieByrdRN

DixieByrdRN Out Of The Brooder

hahaha they are pretty nuts is something gets into their yard but they are great. I grew up next to a farm that had them and you can hear them from a decent way off if they get scared. Their regular noise is not obnoxious though and you learn to tune them out. They will however make a huge racket if a predator is around.

8. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Your new babies are precious and I envy you.

I would be working out a deal with the neighbor ASAP, how coo is that acreage with a pond and barn and coop. What I could do with all that. Good luck with your plans.

9. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Oh my goodness HOW CUTE!! I would be in huge trouble too if I saw those little cuties for sale.....[​IMG]

Have fun with your new babies!

10. farmgirl2477

farmgirl2477 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo, FL
    Ummm... youve come to the wrong place if your looking for help on your addiction! [​IMG]

I don't trust myself at the feed store either. Im actually surprised I came home from an auction empty handed [​IMG]

You sure have some cuties there!

Shannon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by