Ok so I have a Laying flock that I bought off a farmer wondering on breeds

sasimpson77

Songster
6 Years
Dec 28, 2013
I know my rooster is a mix breed but think the hens I got from somewhere else are pure breds.
1) Brahma? she has feathering on her legs

here is a picture of some of them the one closest to the camera has leg feathering I know not a great pic. I think she may be a brahma.

2)???

3)Red sex link?

4)Partridge cochin(black and red hen White hen a leg horn?

5) Turkin?

7)???

8) red sex link

Last edited:
Better individual pics, will make a lot easier and less confusing to ID

I will try to get better individual pics once it warms up with a -30 wind chill to cold to spend much time out with them right now I have a good idea on a few of them.

I know my rooster is a mix breed but think the hens I got from somewhere else are pure breds.
1) Brahma? she has feathering on her legs
Red birds in photo: (are they the ones that have feathering on their legs): mixed breed hens. No brahma in their ancestry; probably have red sex-link or rhode island red in their background, though.

here is a picture of some of them the one closest to the camera has leg feathering I know not a great pic. I think she may be a brahma.

2)???
Black bird: Probably an Australorp or Australorp mix, if she has feathers on her legs. White bird in back: can't tell. Golden birds to right: Red-Sex links, production reds, or Rhode Island Red mixes.

3)Red sex link?
Yes, probably a Red Sex-link.
4)Partridge cochin(black and red hen White hen a leg horn?
Cochin of mixed variety, not partridge. Hen could be a white Leghorn, but I would need a better photo of her head to tell for sure.
5) Turkin?

Buff Turken.
7)???

Buff bird: Buff Orpington. Laced bird with head pointing down: Golden Lace Wyandotte.
8) red sex link

Thanks Bantam Lover I love the gold laced Wyandotte. The only birds with feathering on there legs is the Cochin mix and another Buff Cochin, and then the one I thought might be a Brahma I will post more picks soon there are 17 hens total. and a hege variety of colors and feathering.

Back
Top Bottom