ok so i hear everyone saying they hear the chick peep

orlandoluv1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
spring valley , CA
im on day 19 and dont hear a thing is that normal. ive been talking to him all day and nothing not even a peep (hahahahahahah)

ok so now im on day 20 and nothing? patience is not one of my best qualities...as you can see. there any signs that i can check for ?

Last edited:
Some times peeping can be heard once the egg has internally pipped. It can be hard to hear and the chick only peeps when it is awake and not working. For the most part, you will hear the peeping once they break through the outershell. Some babies are just louder than others. Last year when I was hatching some calls, I swear one was quacking instead of peeping and it about freaked me out.

My experience, which is limited. I heard peeping in some the day before..got up the next morning and some had pipped...it was definitely louder....they are currently doing just such a thing...I have 6 with 3 more almost out of the shells.
Mine are hatching day 20...I've counted, recounted, and no other way it can be! It was really too cold for the fertility process to take place any sooner....
It was the same with my last hatch.

Parsonswife,

I know that chicken eggs usually hatch under a good broody at 20 days and I had that happen often with my eggs last year. I think my bator might have been running a touch warm but not so warm that the chicks were having hatch issues. This year, different thermometers and the eggs are hatching when I have them due on the calendar.

Back
Top Bottom