Ok, so I'm paranoid! (Diarrhea)

Jsto

Songster
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
North Carolina
I've noticed a bit of diarrhea in the shavings the past day, so have been keeping a close eye on the chicks. Everyone is eating, drinking, and very active. I witnessed two chicks, er, depositing a bit of runny waste, although you can clearly see the grain in it. While it's runny, it still looks healthy...if that makes any sense. Now, my gut tells me this is normal, especially since I've seen more than one chick doing it. My family raised birds when I was young and to see this occassionally was not abnormal. Still, since I lost a chick just yesterday, I'm feeling a bit paranoid and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Is the occassional runny poo normal? Trust me when I say that there is no lack of the standard giant poo apparent in the shavings
wink.png
I feel like, just with any other animal, a little loose stool that cleanses the body is normal. Am I wrong? Thanks!

It does happen every once in a while. If it becomes a regular thing I would feed them some yogurt because the intestinal bacteria is out of balance and likely to head for a sour crop situation.

Thanks for the tip
smile.png

I've just been sat out there for ages and saw the two runny stool culprits each take at least two normal poos, so I'm feeling much better now. Like I said, I'm just paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom