Ok, so I've read so many different things..I'm not quite sure?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Cynthia12, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I have been reading and reading on here, and other places on the net as to how to hatch duck eggs. Some say it's easy. Some it's hard.
    Some say high humidity, some say dry hatch. Some say spray, some say don't. Some say turn the eggs more often the first week.

Will some of you that have had "successful" hatches please share with me...the temp..which seems to be one that is the same as chickens, the humidity, whether you spray or not, turn more the first week?
    I have my first Welsh Harlequins in. My very first duck eggs. I've had the temp between 99.8 to 100. Humidity around 67.

Thank you!

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I turn mine 3 times a day, I spray from about day 5ish and I have my humidity at 50ish and by the time I turn again its down in the 30s. Apart from 1 dying in the shell Ive had 100% hatch rates. Oh and my temp is at 99 and for lockdown I bump humidity up to 80.

3. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:Thank you! Sounds like you do well alright. So, I'm thinking I will just start turning them only three times tomorrow. My temp can come down some, won't worry then. And, I'm glad to hear that 80 is good. I know some that have it up to 85 and 90 for lockdown.
    Spray once a day? I've also read different things about that..like..spray twice a day, or once a day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by